I am submitting my sites to various directories (paid and free).I wanted to know willmit help my site to generate traffic in long run. If I stop these submissions will it generate the same traffic as it is generating now?

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

For good traffic you will need to take is to submit your website to as many directories you can that are relevant to your websites content.

Make sure you submit your site only to directories with good reputation. Most directories these days are either dead or tagged as link farms. If you want to boost your site traffic, you need to implement other methods to promote your site such as social bookmarking, networking, etc.

I am submitting my sites to various directories (paid and free).I wanted to know willmit help my site to generate traffic in long run. If I stop these submissions will it generate the same traffic as it is generating now?

I don't really gain traffic from directories, its more good for backlink. Why do you want to stop submission if you really get your hits from there?

I think it's better to submit in local directories because google now showing local search results identifying users location.

Submitting your site to many quality directories will help your link popularity to grow, and subsequently bring your site up in SERPs. But directories bring little traffic, you have to note that. However, to find out the directories that will bring you traffic, visit Google and Yahoo and try out some keywords like "The best web directory", "high quality web directory", "quality directory", etc. The directories that come up in the first three or four pages have good ranking in SERPs and will bring you some traffic.

In actual sense, directories are not mainly for bringing too much traffic. But they help to bring your site to the notice of search engines.

When choosing directories to submit to, make sure their web pages are indexed by popular search engines. Also make sure the category or subcategory you're submitting to is cached.

Like mrandrei said, submit to only reputable directories that have good standing with search engines. A lot of directories these days are penalized by search engines because of some irregularities. And some are not well promoted to give your links in them the deserved exposure.

Directory submission is not enough for get more traffic you must go another way for increase traffic

Directory submission is not able to boost the traffic by itself. it can bring your website in the search engine notice. and also increase the reputation of your website in the form of backing.

you have to try different things to bring boost your traffic.

Directory submissions will only give you back links and not huge traffic but directories will help you to improve your SERP.

Still directories helps in ranking as well as I've seen directory backlinks in Google. :D

Thanks for the link, bob. But i personally think that directories are only good for building backlinks, it can't bring you the expected traffic.

you need more than submitting to directories to get better traffic; try many different methods to achieve this. Comment on blogs, submit articles, read this section of the forum and you will find many ways to achieve better traffic for your site.

In My opinion directories help us in ranking Beside this you have to do bookmarks submission Also to gain more traffic..

see your competitors links and post links there

Never use paid links

directory ..is only good for generating back links and improve search engine visibility...it will not help you out to generate traffic in a great manner...try some article marketing....to earn some permanent links and visitors

This is only one of the techniques to get backlinks and there still more techniques to get backlinks and traffic. If you stop submitting your site to directories, then try to use other method in getting backlinks that can also generate traffic.

i recommend that you follow competitors links
and put your links there

Directory submission is helpful in creating one way for the site, just submitting site in directories is not enough for getting good traffic from the website. You need to use all ethical promotional resources for more visibility of site.

I have been working in an SEO firm for about 3 years and have done a lot of directory submissions. SEO is an ongoing progress and Directory submission is a part of this process. Submitting your website to high PR directories will benefit you in the long run. So look for high PR directories and remember the more you submit the more you promote your website. Never stop. And there are of course other ways too such as article submission, social bookmarking, blog posting etc. which can generate traffic for your website.

Regards

Submitting your site to directory can help you in getting backlinks. But it's good if the link is dofollow and have pr already. Submitting to directory is more on backlinks although you can still get traffic.

I'm hearing that google is not putting as much weight into directories as they once were. Directories are one method to be used, but ultimately getting a high ranking for relevant keywords and finding out where traffic to your site is coming from will get you the traffic you desire.

Hi,

I have used directory Submission and it really helps to certain extent

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.