Hi,

What is a Trackback URL. What is the use of Trackback URL in bookmarking websites. What way this Trackback url help us in our SEO campaign.

I request forum members help.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Trackback URLs are used mostly for blogs and sometimes forums. Other blogs that link to a particular article ping the article's trackback URL, and "inform" the blog that their article has been mentioned or quoted.

Great description, cscgal!! Thanks.

Trackback is like referring your blog/feed to the other website. E.g. you own a blog and you trackback this to some other blog by commenting there, once it approved you will find the latest post of your blog there.

Thanks all for making me understand the concept. My special thanks to cscgal and Ydeveloper.

I think trackback is an acknowledgement. Both blogs and blog comments should be trackback enabled. The receiving blog usually displays summaries and links as an acknowledgement.

Trackback URLs are used mostly for blogs and sometimes forums. Other blogs that link to a particular article ping the article's trackback URL, and "inform" the blog that their article has been mentioned or quoted.

Great answer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.