Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hostingraja

Hi CSCGal:

Yes, I do find value in directory postings. They are one of many tools in the box. However, they can be volatile, and I keep posting so I can keep the number of links either the same or increasing.

By using directory postings, I have been able to get my web site on Page 1 of Google, Bing, and Yahoo.

Do you really still find any value in directory listings??

Yes.. Getting few quality back links and helping to increase ranking.

Hi ezestseo:

I just went to your link and bookmarked it. Looks good. Thanks.

John

I got a lot list "free dofollow " forum,article submission, site submission list by the keywords searching.But I am testing them one by one to gather a newest one list.

Edited by amshopping: content lost

... By using directory postings, I have been able to get my web site on Page 1 of Google, Bing, and Yahoo.

Can you tell us for what keywords? I would suspect they are rarely searched (non-competitive).

Hi CanadaFred:

My keywords are "auto glass sacramento" and "windshield sacramento". In Sacramento, California, there are a LOT of auto glass companies, it *seems* there are hundreds :-). So while I am not competing with people from around the world for these, there is enough competition.

The site results this morning (14 Nov 11) are:

Auto Glass Sacramento:
Google: Page 1, www.glass4usa.com
Bing: Page 1, www.glass4usa.com
Yahoo: Page 1, www.merchantcircle.com...

Windshield Sacramento:
Google: Page 1, www.glass4usa.com
Bing: Page 1, www.glass4usa.com
Yahoo: Page 2, www.merchantcircle.com...

Now you see why I keep saying to check your results daily by hand and don't let an automated system check it for you!

John

thanks you for this great list, actually the directory submission is not good now a days. because the Google will never give the good respond. but i have bookmarked this list.
In this most of the directory are never given the approval.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.