Hello friends,

I have been testing to write some articles and submit them to article directories and got good SEO results in the first month. But after that, some good keywords that are used to index on the first or second page in Google are not in that position anymore.

I did the same thing on directory submission, it happened the same in the past.

What method is better in term of SEO?

Thanks very much!

Recommended Answers

All 40 Replies

... What method better in term of SEO?...

The only correct answer would be that neither is much good for SEO. As you have experienced, these types of off-site ranking factor stimulation techniques can appear to be effective, in the short term, but they always lose speed quite rapidly and ultimately become almost a hinderance to better ranking.

The best SEO strategy to adopt at your stage would be to concentrate with the on-page components. Focus on the on-site optimization. Sure, do a little link building but do that wisely and secondarily. Don't count on outside influences to empower your stuff. Empower your own web pages.

I bold this Don't count on outside influences to empower your stuff. Empower your own web pages. since this is really good answer .however, at this point, there are too much off site seo service compare to on site seo service.should we learning all the coding stuff to practice good on site link building ?

Off-page factors play a large role in how your site gets ranked. However, it's important to have a constant stream of new sites always linking to you. The only way to achieve this is to constantly have fresh, awesome content on your site that people are naturally going to want to link to each time they stumble across it. Long story short = Focus on building good content and the links will come by themselves.

It's not unusual for new websites to do well initially then to drop in rankings to more appropriate levels

What you need to do is continue building backlinks to your site and on page content

Make sure you are not chasing really competitive keywords

But the answer is Backlinks!

Submiting articles works fine for me. I rank first page for my keyword with only articles submission.

both the technique have their own significance. It depends on what type of site or blog you are promoting. I relate it to the sentence content is kind

Directory submission and Article submission, both method are very necessary for SEO.

both have good impact but directories give you permanent link as compared to articles.

The fresh content time to time more useful for the update ranking. The way of off-page fluctuate time to time.

Do not limit yourself to article and directory submission only. You must vary the sources of your back links so that Google will see it as natural building of links. On-page optimization is also encouraged, so on and off page optimization should be done altogether.

I would say, article submission and directory submission both helps in getting good ranks and backlinks in their own way.

Off Page is very much important to rank a website well. As per you, have tried directory and article submissions both but not got results as per expectations. I will suggest you to do the submissions on popular and high PR sites to achieve good results.
Best of luck!!

i will suggest go for multiple seo tactics rather doing a single tactic and wait for it's consequences.

both of them are good and really beneficial. The thing is, on article submission and directory submission, you have to wait until your submission gets an approval yet the assurance of having a strong backlinks is high. And never forget to work on your on-page, it has the power to make your site more friendlier to search engines.

I dont generally see a huge amount of benefit from directories as they take months and months to review and confirm the submission. Articles sites are a bit quicker and if they are 'dofollow' it can be absolutely good. I understand Google dont look at directory submissions as all that valuable unless its dmoz or yahoo director among various other well respected ones.

High quality directory submission is the best compare to article submission.

i think directory submission is dead, execpt you are submitting to directory with high PR. Article submission is better

Article submission and Directory submission both are very important but Article submission is best way to increase traffic.

I would suggest that directory submission is much powerful then it. When directory submissions got approved, you will have Email that they listing got approved. but i think it is due to this that your website may have some inner pages in these pages and they got de indexed.

According to my knowledge I think article work is best in comparison to Directory listing.

No doubt, Article submission is one of the best seo techniques. Don't forget to include the link back to your site in the resources box.

Both have it's own significance but i think article submission is very helpful for SEO.

Simple answer is diversify links and don't just stick to Articles / Directory submissions. Link wheels, Blog comments, Web 2.0's and a few high PR link backs to your site can help you in long term.

Also remember SEO is an ongoing process!

Keep on write unique content for your article with your targeted keyword. And submit it into quality article website.. Be sure to get better results as soon as possible..!

Directory submission is one of the easiest way to getting one way links, but it's late response.Where as article submissions are giving you quick result with much traffic.

Both are very necessary but I like to directory submission.

Hello friends,

I have been testing to write some articles and submit them to article directories and got good SEO results in the first month. But after that, some good keywords that are used to index on the first or second page in Google are not in that position anymore.

I did the same thing on directory submission, it happened the same in the past.

What method is better in term of SEO?

Thanks very much!

In my opinion, Directory submission is the better way than article submission to in increase your traffics & PR.

Directory is created only for SEO.

Directory is good option

Aside from article submissions where you can attach your website link beneath the author box, plainly having updated, interesting and engaging content on your website will help build your search ranking over time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.