- List in niche directories
- Submit your website to social bookmarking sites
- Participate in social networking sites
- Post on online forums and communities
- Write guest posts for related blogs to your niche.
- Comment on popular, do-follow related blogs
- Write content that is deliberately designed to attract links towards it
I use ‘Keyword Country’ to design my link building strategy around traffic pulling keywords and to monitor link-building strategy of my competitors. I am all for it!
If you're looking for quality backlinks, stop thinking about directories and other link farms. Now it's all about social media and guest posts on related blogs. Also, forum posting still works when you display a signature as you will gain a lot of traffic if you make quality posts.
You can get quality backlinks by commenting on the blogs but mannually and with a genuine comment only or your comments and posts will get removed by the moderater. You can add more links with the help of the directory submission and social bookmarking but only on the good ranked sites.