How do I measure SEO success?

Recommended Answers

All 32 Replies

There are several things that you can do.. monitor the traffic in your analytics, Monitor the keyword rank or see the income that you have made from your site! SEO scores are different for different aspects od SEO

traffic, number of viewed pages, income, the position in the SERP

Once you need to get success in SEO, you need monitor with Google webmaster & Google analytic,etc. the main thing is you need to monitor your competitor always.

SEO success is achieved when competitively searched keyphrases are highly ranked in the organic (free, natural) search results. SEO success can come in terms of video ranking, News ranking, image ranking but is usually associated with the positioning of web pages. SEO success can be accomplished by optimizing on-site ranking factors (content, architecture, navigation, images, page Titles, headings, emphasis ...), off-site ranking influences (link popularity, social media signals, external blog ...) or a combination of both.

You can check SEO Success by following steps-

1. Check traffic from google analytics.
2. Check bounce rate and page view time in google analytics.
3. Check Keyword ranking in Google, Bing.
4. Check your sale during the period of SEO Campaign.
5. Check no. of registration on your website.

These are some good methods for check success of SEO.

Hi,

SEO success can be measure with the number of relevant traffic coming to your business websites, difference between the sales figure of before SEO process and after SEO process. Also you can check you targeted keywords position in search engine results.

Thanks,
seofirst

On the basis of the increasing traffic, visitors & keyword ranking, you can measure your SEO success

seo is a long term job but for me, i know i am in the right track if i am getting high traffics, getting a lot of conversions, and gaining page rankings and keyword rankings as well.

Use Google analytic to see the traffic, page ranking and search engine ranking.

i consider my seo campaign successful if it contains 3 of these ingredients:
1. increased traffic
2. increased rankings
3. increased earnings

Google analytic is best measurement for seo work.

prepare a seo report consisting of backlinks , indexed pages, alexa rank, traffic from very sources like referral, search and direct . Also you can find few sites like website grader to make a report for your website so that you may come into a conclusion to understand the success of your seo.

Hi Clerisy:

You can do a lot of technical analysis of your bounce rate, view time, etc., but I feel there really is only ONE true gauge of your SEO success: Sales.

Have they gone up? If yes, then your SEO campaign is a success. Of course, that assumes you don't have any other marketing efforts.

If you do have other marketing efforts, then you need to ask each time how they heard about you.

All the other indicators are secondary. Of those, your most important metric is where do you rank with the search engines? The others can tell you where to improve, but SERP ranking is critical.

when you get the exact ROI by doing a particular keyword it means SEO gives the best results & you going well

high level measurement of seo success
1. increase in traffic
2. increase in rankings for your keywords
3. increase in revenue
if all those 3 are satisfied, my seo campaign is a success.

Monitor the traffic to your website, check Google Ranking of the keywords you are targeting, track the sales and revenue you are getting.

Two ways to know how your site's seo is working first check your keyword's position in search engine page and secondly check the traffic on your site and also check where from you are getting traffic, doing all of that you came to know how your seo is working

seo is a very difficult task for me, so my basis for seo success is getting high traffics, ranking on different search engine, especially in google at number one. high reputation and taking away bad or negative comments on my website.

website should be seo friendly to get all these and it means also that you need to maintain the advertisement on it.

By using webmaster tools to your website.

You can check either you are getting succes in seo or not by measuring how many backlinks to your site, how much traffic to your site, your targeted keywords ranking in search engine, daily visitors to your site etc.

Measure of SEO success is based on

Traffic
rankings
increased coverage
conversions or leads
increase in other areas like Google page rank,inbound links,crawl frequency.
Increase presence within social media networking and bookmarking websites.

You should check
-Site Traffic
-Site Bounce Rate
-Site Back Links
-Keyword Ranking
-Alexa Rank
-Page Rank
- Conversation Rate

Your site PR (if you want to see the long time SEO impect ), but traffic and your keywords at good possiton shows the succes of your SEO project

Check the traffic,keyword rankings,site status these are some of the steps..

See the success of the Website through SERP and Google Analytics Tool

The answer of your question is Google Anlytics . Do it :)

SEO is not tat difficult. But it gives late response.

Google Analytics will tell you a lot.

Number of Conversions is the ultimate measurement of any kind of marketing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.