Hello all.

I am new here so I am not sure if I am posting in the right board but here I go anyways.

I have a site, lets call it www.xyz.com. Now I would like to add a blog to the site but want to put this blog on a separate server. However, the problem here is SEO. I want this blog to be indexed by search engines as part of www.xyz.com. Is there any way I can do this if it is on another server?

Thanks for your help,
Jordan

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by newonlineinfo

Hi,

Yes, you can surely do this, please host the blog on another server and point your sub-directory to that blog. For example www.xyz.com/blog/ - this should point to that new server where you hvae the blog :)

Quick tip: Add one-way links to get your blog indexed by the search engines quickly :)

Hi,

Yes, you can surely do this, please host the blog on another server and point your sub-directory to that blog. For example www.xyz.com/blog/ - this should point to that new server where you hvae the blog :)

That won't work. The site is still on another server and the URL will change when the user/bot goes there.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.