Search Engine Optimization is the skill of helping websites to rank high in the major Search Engines. If you want to get high visibility, you need to know how to choose the right keywords and maintain keyword density. You also need to know about keyword prominence, keep up the link popularity and learn about the link and keyword relevance.

In the yesteryears, there wasn’t any need for immensely complicated search algorithms that power the search engines today. With the growth of the online content, there is a need to provide the customers with most relevant content quickly and easily and this led to the evolution of the Search Engine Optimization. Though the process is complicated, timely and manually rigorous, it makes your websites, blogs, etc. to be found on the major search engines.

Organic Search:

Search engine offers two types of search results – Paid Search and Organic Search or Natural Search. Organic search actual results while in paid search, they pay to get a high rank. Hence organic search is preferred to paid search. When you are optimizing through Search Engine, you are trying to rank your online content well in the organic search results.

Page ranking:

When a user searches for a keyword related to your business,is your page coming up in the first page within the top 10 results? If not, at least the top 3 pages i.e. the top 30 results? No? Then you need to know the 5 key aspects that contribute to page ranking.

Choosing the right key words:

Choosing the relevant and right keywords related to your products/services is a major deciding factor. One of the best tools that can help you with keywords is the Google Key Word tool. With this tool you can actually get to know the global and local monthly searches, the competition for that particular keyword, based on which, you can decide on a particular keyword.

Maintaining the Correct Keyword density:

It is the number of occurrences of a particular keyword divided by the total number of words.
Keyword density = No of occurrences/Total no of words * 100
Usually the keyword density should be between 5-10%. (Though we are concentrating on SEO, remember that we do not want to be black-listed. Do not stuff too many keywords just for the sake of it.)

Knowing the Keyword prominence:

This is all about where you incorporate the keywords in your content. It is recommended to place the keywords at the start of the page, sentence, title or in a meta tag.

Keeping Up the Link Popularity:

It defines the scope for the number of web pages that link to other web pages. This includes links to even other websites, blogs, images, videos, collaterals, etc. The higher the links, the higher the link popularity and the better.

Link and keyword relevancy:

Placing an irrelevant keyword or providing a link to an irrelevant site or a blog or a page is the craziest thing you can do to pull down your page rank. Your page rank is determined even based on the density and the location of the keywords.
This is not all. You need to observe, analyze and experiment with other search engines to apply various methods and pull up your page in the search engine.

Search engine optimization is a game; conquer it out but not through cheating.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Well decriptive article by the author written in well mannered as well as in friendly envirenment. One thing i am goign to add is to usually use the long tail keywords in the begining of the seo and then move forward towards short keywords. so it is really helpful pratice to get all the keywords in the top.

ya well ... sure. why not.

Regarding keyword density. Just write naturally. Don't sweat how many times your repeat a word or two or three. Just write well. In writing well you'll naturall want to enforce your keyphrase targets with supporting words. Why would I want to repeat obsessively if I wrote the paragrapgh well? Unless I wanted to emphasize something I suppose. Point is, use the language, the search enbgine recognizes the natural flow of the tongue. In writing well, use synonyms and antonyms. A different paragraph can introduce varying verb tenses of an action keyowrd. I ran to the top or I will run after a while to the peak. This is the SEO copywriting stuff you need to know!

Ever hear of an abbr. Those are good too if you need to enforce words without repeating them.

HTML even has a wonderful acronym tag you can explaing SEO to the people, it's search engine optimization. Oh yes, acronym indicate intelligence. Intelligent writing scores well with the search engine. It must be of value it thinks as the words are so careful chosen. And the page is well constructed too it notices. Hardly a spelling mistake let alone coding errors. Loads fast as lightning tooo ... ok better go now. bye.

Very well said I am definitely agree with your all mentioning facors which you are mention in your article. I think this article will definitely helpful for those who are new in this forum site will definitely get some good information through this article.

Thank you all for liking and giving valuable feed back on this article!!!! Looking forward to get many advanced 2012 SEO onpage tips from experts

Good post about the key aspects of seo. Do not keyword stuffing, use proper H tag on the page and write content for users.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.