I own a website and in next two weeks I'll be launching a forum for the site. To promote the forum I have decided to have some contests on the forum. Do you have any forum contest ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You can assign points for posts and use them for prize drawings... you can have prizes for random thread numbers drawn every week etc.

Members can vote for the best thread and the starter gets a prize.

Depend on your budget, I think Amazon gift certificates may be worked out.

What is your website about? How about article contest? Who write the best article will recieve the special award.

Contests for contributions are definitely good. Anything that gives the contributor a rewarding feeling regardless of the contest/competition.

Another idea that works in smaller forums is a treasure hunt, where riddles are posted in different sections and users have to read threads and search the forums in different ways in order to be the first one to reach the treasure. It's a good way of getting lots of users familiar with your site and investigating everything you offer.

it all depends on your budget and your forum niche...

Like posting contest for money or for something give away for post "that prize must relate to your niche".

You could start a blog focused on weight loss and document your experience and what helped you along the way and what kept you motivated. If you have truly exceptional content and are passionate about this, then your blog could start to attract a lot of readers over time. We get a bulk of our business by now from our blog.

Another idea that works in smaller forums is a treasure hunt, where riddles are posted in different sections and users have to read threads and search the forums in different ways in order to be the first one to reach the treasure. It's a good way of getting lots of users familiar with your site and investigating everything you offer.

I like this idea. :cool:
It will help users become familiarize with your site...

Treasure hunt will be a good idea, again depending on your niche, there are different prizes that are appropriate. For example, video game forums would likely give out video games.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.