Hi, Fairly new here.
I dont get to much time to view all posts and my question is prob already here somewhere.

i only just started my site << url snipped >> almost 3 weeks ago.i only have 25 pages so far.i used a meta tag analyser to see how my keywords,title,description ect where going and it come up all good. I still only get a couple of visitors a day my PR is 0 have very little links how can i get links and everything i need to get more traffic and a higher PR in simple form..........

sorry if the answers are already in this forum but if someone could help or point me in the right direction i would appreciate it a lot..

how many visitors should a new site roughly get in its first month...prob silly question but would be good to know on average

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

How many visitors should a new site get? It's an impossible question to answer. It depends on how much effort you have put into marketing your site.

When I launched my site I got over 1200 visitors in the first month and just under 500 signed up on my mailing list / forum. I have used a regular newsletter to inform members of new stuff that is happening on the site, hence I get a lot of return traffic. I also researched my market, I have had lots of ideas for different websites over the years but when I have researched them I found out that hundereds existed already. I am only aware of one competing website so potentialy I have a massive captive audience. It may be that you have a lot of competition.

I read through some of the stuff on your site and you seem to be offering people advise on how to make money from their site and how to promote it. I don't mean to be nasty but if you are writing a website about marketing a site then surely you should know how to do this?

Lastly your site just seems to be aimed at making you lots of money through affiliate marketing, this is obvious from the amount of links, banners and other affliate schemes you have signed up to. You are hiding under the banner of showing others how to make money when really it just seems to be about you making money.

There is no way to get rich quick by running a website - you will find it takes time and a lot of effort to make a website successful. Apologies if this seems like a harsh assesment, if I were you I would get a decent book from Amazon about marketing. Guerrilla PR Wired is an excellent book.

First of all, don't worry about having PR0. All new sites have that and it can take up to three months for the Google toolbar PR display to update. Just keep in mind that what you see on the toolbar isn't what Google's actual secretive PR value is for your site - and THAT'S the PR that matters! So focus more on how to build your site than dwelling on the things you can't do anything about.

build links

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Get good content to your website. Do not show so many banners . Get good sites linking to you. You can build a good link exchange program for free.
Submit to directories specific to your niche and not...study your market and make sure you are not just selling something but also offering something. Give your visitors something of value- good information and original content so they will return.

THANKS HEAPS 4 all these great replies pple....... I just got out of hospital and will be using your tips when i get the time to update my site.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been in the hospital. Feel better, first and foremost!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.