Traditional advertising is really good. I am no expert on all of this, sorry, but I did find this site about NYC Public Relations SNIP companies or bringing your business success. It talked about making your events big and noticeable. I found it interesting, maybe you'll like it.

mkleslie, not sure if you are still tracking this thread. but here is my take. I have extensive experience with online marketing so I think I can shed some light. PPC (Google Adwords, MSN Adcenter, Yahoo Search Marketing) is great if you can get a ROI. If you are going strictly by conversion (i.e. selling a product that costs $50), and your paying $40 per conversion with PPC, then are doing great! Of course there's also optimizing your landing page, building a brand, etc. but we won't get into that.

Another way to traffic is building it organically. This means getting on top of Google for your specific keyword. Please note that this is 100x better than any 'free traffic' offer - I can send you 10,000 visitors from Russia and China and I promise you they won't buy a thing. You can get on top of Google for a keyword by going similar websites to link back to you. You can do this several ways. One is by writing articles that you post on these websites. Another is by contacting webmasters to see if you can link to your website - either for free or for money. There are also many services out there to help you.

I hope I helped, you can PM me if you have specific questions.

I think the best way of advertising my business is link exchange. If we do link exchange from each other then we will get huge links. And I think from that link we will be able to use those links for expanding our own business.

If link exchange works for you, do it, I personally recommend a mix of different tactics to drive traffic to your site and do this long term, not only for one day. This way, you also increase visibility.

for instance you could start advertise on your market. example ( Uk , engines ) and try defend your competitors by making competitive link building!;)

Really Valuable discussion going in this thread. Thanks for sharing.

you can use Google Adwords to advertise your business and moreover, link exchange is also good way for advertising.

Hiii

Go For Seo

Thanks

Link Exchange is an easy way to trade links or advertise your website.
When you link exchange trade with a higher PR and related site.
I think its only worth doing if the page is very relevant and maximum 10 - 15 links.

yes, this is the truth~~

Thanks I learned a lot about advertising sites..

I've used Google AdWords in the past and found it very useful. But there is technical way in using it, so best you spend a day in learning about how to put a campaign together but you get started - or just outsource the work to someone who is AdWords qualified.

Here are the best ways to advertise your business

Add your business to review sites
Email signature
Social Networks
Leave biz cards in library books
Post cards on windshields
Advertise on yourself

Hiii

You Should Go For Seo..
Link Exchange is an easy way to trade links or advertise your website.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to DaniWeb! I had a lot of trouble getting people to come to my sites at the beginning. But I learned that they cannot come unless they see you. So you have to make yourself visible in every way possible! Do you have a Facebook fanpage?
Do you know what social sites fall into your niche and are you visible in them? Are there any special groups online that fall into your category and do you have friends there? Are you on Twitter and are you collecting a slew of warm and enthusiastic followers? Those were things I was adviced to do, and unitl I did them, my turn-around didn't come, so I pass the good advice to you!
Wish you well!

. The company provides web hosting, domain and search engine submission and optimization, stating they will submit my site to 400 search engines each month

I use a similar service provided by my hosting company and have found it to be very good ! definitely recommend this if its the same service.

Sometimes, the best form of marketing is the free kind. I'm thinking of online marketing. You have a professional looking website so you should use it to your advantage. Update your website regularly, write regular blogs providing tips, advice and latest news, use social media to spread the word.

According to me Link exchange are very effective way of getting long term traffic as well you should go for forum posting in those sites which are relevant to your site theme , from forum posting you will get backlinks also.

google adwords then advertise your website on website which provides services or content that you are looking for.

Forum and blog posting are good .Exchanging link also is a fast way to promote your website rank.

commented: yawn, yawn... -3

Once you start your business its very important to take the help of professional agency as this would help in promoting your business through making pr firms, do some media placements, live broadcasting etc. So I guess ad agencies or advertisement is the most necessary part in doing business and its the best and safest way to advertise or promote your business.

@sarahbriggs25.

I disagree with what you said. And you got to have money to get help of a professional agency.
My opinion is that an marketing agency is far after you open the business. First you need to know what you ask from it ... and tha includes making the business for yourself first.

Make ads on ad posting sites, facebbok marketing, Google+ marketing, Yahoo answer marketing etc. I think these are the best way of advertise your business.

It's probably not a good idea calling people here IT geeks, I'm thinking. You do post some thought-provoking questions, though, and it would be interesting to see how people would answer them.

you can publish articles on Squidoo or other high quaility websites.

You can also use social sites like facebook, twitter and so on.

Apply internet marketing techniques such as SEO, PPC, emailer marketing etc..

When you want to increase your business and serve more customers/clients, one of the best ways is through advertising by having link of your site.

Do any of you use Pinterest? It's great for traffic!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.