I used to use ValueClick, but I was incredibly disappointed by their low quality of advertisers. (Nearly as bad as FastClick's) In addition, all ads were run-of-network (untargeted) and mostly CPC, so there was very little revenue generated.

Recovering from the holiday season and a bit strapped for cash, I decided to give them another shot with my unsold inventory. And I am happily impressed :) On the first of 2005 they rolled out an entirely new Publisher UI which is pretty darn impressive. In addition, they junked all of their junk advertisers and now are mostly showing ads for fortune 500 companies.

If you tried ValueClick in the past and were disappointed, I suggest you give them another shot :)

The only big problem with them is at this time they only allow NOSCRIPT defaults. Therefore, if you use other networks, they have to be last tier, as you can't give their defaults to another ad agency's script. A big disappointment for a media network that owns companies such as CJ, BeFree, etc. among others. They are the only ad network I know of that doesn't offer this. :(

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

Dani,

Have you heard anything about linksynergy? I've checked out their list of clients and they have a ton. I actually signed up for an affiliate program and placed three small ads on my blog. I really like that they offer simple ads and complex ones. Just wondering if you'd seen or heard of them.

I've heard of them but I never tried them. How are they? Are they a CPM network or a CPA affiliate-type network?

Member Avatar for TKSS

I've heard of them but I never tried them. How are they? Are they a CPM network or a CPA affiliate-type network?

They're an affiiate network. I couldn't be happier with the number of companies they have available. Makes it work nicely for my blog.

Thus far I haven't made a ton from them...but like I said, I'm in it just to pay the domain and DNS and that's it. I'm breaking even right now after being up since November of last year so it is a success for me :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.