Hi Guys,
how are you guys.. i am new to Adsense business.
can any body tell us about what is Page CTR and Page eCPM.
based on what calculation earnings will increase.
based on page impression and clicks above 3 fields will be changed so .
please follows the discussion.. on above theory? how earnings will getting increased..
thanks in advance.

CTR is your page Click Through Ratio
IE: how many people clicked through to your page on your ad
(the lower it it, the more your ads will cost you - cuz they're suckin')

eCPM is Estimated Cost Per Thousand - The systems best guess for what it'll cost you for 1000 impressions of your ad

Thanks for reply.
if suppose for 100 page impressions, 25 clicks happens then what could be the above those parameters will calculated.
Thanks,
-S

25% CTR

ECPM would be based on what you paid - so at $1 per click

You'd be looking at an eCPM of $250

Then How much Earnings can i will get in terms of Dollar?

Click Through Rate (CTR): CTR is the number of clicks received by an ad unit divided by the total number of ad unit impressions for that ad unit. So, a better CTR can mean more revenue for you.

Effective CPM: It is calculated as the cost per 1000 impressions. However, do not confuse effective CPM with your earnings. In fact, effective CPM is calculated by dividing your earnings by the number of page impressions and then multiplying the final figure by 1000. Effective CPM is generally used to compare various channels and determine which channels are more profitable for you.

Could you give me sample calculation with 100 page impression, 25 clicks so then how CTR, eCPM, earnings will come? what are the values could be?

No...

You'd need to know your conversion ratio.. and the price of your product.

That's not in your calculation.

You're calculating the cost or RUNNING an ad .. (yourself)
this is not a calculation for running ADS on your site ...

As the buyer of the ads, you're driving traffic ... likely to an optin page (if you're smart) not a product sales page.

You'd have to know
A: what your conversion rate was
IE: of those 25 clicks on your ad - how many of them signed up for your offer / ad / bought your product

How much was that product.

So ... if you have a 5% conversion rate (doing good)
You'd have 1.25 sales for each 25 people you sent to your page

if your product was $97 then .... your cost to send that traffic to your offer was $25 to drive 1.25 sales (since your paying $1 per click and your getting clicks at 25% of your impressions so for every 100 impressions, you're getting 25 clicks ($25 cost to you) and of those clicks ... 1.25 people bought resulting in a profit of $96.25)

Anyone want to check this ... I'm neither an adsense guy nor great at math ... but I think I've got this right.

some thoughts...

25 clicks on 100 imps is VERY high - this must be a direct click-through type page with adsense textlinks right at the top in the middle. even so this is still very high and the domain name must be targeted directly to the ads.

great at low volumes but only substainable if other sites are driving the hits to the page. wheres the content? below the ads? A reasonable CTR (click through ratio) for targeted content is 10% or (in your eg.) 10/100 clicks. If the clicks pay $0.10 each then you make 10*0.10=$1.00. If the clicks pay $0.40 each then you make 10*0.40=$4.00, much better and probably more apprpriate for targeted niche traffic.

if you traffic to the page is general or broad or service oriented like simple internet gadgets, the per-click payment will probably be less than $0.10 so you need to get a lot more hits to make money.

CPM means Cost-Per-Thousand, as others have explained, so here you just figure out how many impressions (e.g. 10,000 would be ten-thousands) and then the dollars generated (e.g. you made $80.00 on 10,000 impressions) and you get the CPM (e.g. $8CPM).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.