I have some unused domains that I added to Google Adsense for Domains for parking, but I’m wondering how one gets indexed when all you have is a park page like that. For small sites is it better to put a custom park page with some content to get indexed?

First of all making sure that your unused domains get indexed by Google is a good idea indeed. Why? Because indexed domains are like wine, they get better as they get older. Basically the longer your domain has been included in Google’s index (without getting penalized obviously), the higher the trust that Google will have on it.

Should you decide to create a website on that domain in the future, it will be easier to get good search rankings. Similarly, if you decide to sell the domain in the future, you will probably be able to charge a bonus for the age of the domain.

Now back to the central question: how do I get a domain indexed?

It is very simple: you just need to
1) put some content there, and
2) let Google know about it.
You don’t need any special type of content to get your domain indexed. Even a simple message stating that your domain is for sale would be enough.

The second part is about letting Google know about your domain (which is now practically a website). How does Google discovers websites?
By crawling the links on the web. If you want to get your site discovered and subsequently indexed, therefore, all you need is a backlink from a site that is routinely crawled by Google.

Here are some ideas to get that backlink:
link to it from your established website
post a comment on a do-follow blog
use forum signatures
submit an article to a directory
get the domain listed on a marketplace

That is it. Once you are done, wait a couple of days and search in Google for your domain name with its extension (e.g., yourdomain.org). You should be able to find it in the first page of results.

FOR COMPLETE INFORMATON ABOUT DOMAIN VISIT:
http://www.alldomain-information.blogspot.com

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Also, a guide that I read before this (can't recall the URL of it) had some good tips. It suggested that you use online websites/tools that crawl your website and link to it. Sites like aboutus.org and dnstools. They will list your site and crawl through it no matter your content or lack their of. The tools themselves have high authority which helps Google pick up your website.

You can actually do either of the following:

1. Search Engine Submissions - submit only once.
2. Build links - getting quality of back links helps your domain get index.. Deep linking helps your inner pages get index.
3. You can use this tool:

http://www.quickindexer.com/

for me, i guess the core step is to create a sitemap and submit this to Google’s Webmaster Tools, this will ensure that all of your content gets included in the index, not just your homepage. There are plenty of free tools out there to create a sitemap, I typically just use whatever is at the top of a Google search.

I use google add url page to get my new site indexed. You can still use website that offer search engine submission. There are plenty of that website on the net. You can use google webmaster cental to improve your website...

Parking pages is good only for newbies and for those who don’t have time or wish to setup own sites. Some advanced and more strict domain owners / webmasters state that "it's worst what you could do with your domain is to park it" and I agree…

when u ask How to get ur domain indexed, u actually mean how to get youe website indexed, right?

So u could try to get a link from an existing site. Links are very important for high rankings on Google. The more (quality) links you have, the higher Google will rank your pages.
An easy way to get a link to your website is to join a forum that is related to your website. Participate in the discussions and sign your posts with your name and a link to your website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.