When growing an online community, how often do you care to check the web analytics reports? We all know that most web analytics tools have at least a day delay in data reporting. Hence, would you pay extra, in some cases, much much more to get live data.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MktgRob

I think for a small population out there, in more volatile industries, realtime data would make a difference but for the most part it is a non-issue. I don't think that someone is going to get rich off of providing real time site analytics anytime soon.

But some financial analytics/reporting tools actually capitalize on selling their software/product due to real time data. Think of Bloomberg's terminals. Bloomberg became a billionaire selling these terminals that display real data.

But some financial analytics/reporting tools actually capitalize on selling their software/product due to real time data. Think of Bloomberg's terminals. Bloomberg became a billionaire selling these terminals that display real data.

Good point but in terms of financial analytics/reporting tools I doubt there is anyone out there that could compete with Bloomberg so your example would fall into the category of niche market. Do you agree?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.