When growing an online community, how often do you care to check the web analytics reports? We all know that most web analytics tools have at least a day delay in data reporting. Hence, would you pay extra, in some cases, much much more to get live data.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think for a small population out there, in more volatile industries, realtime data would make a difference but for the most part it is a non-issue. I don't think that someone is going to get rich off of providing real time site analytics anytime soon.

But some financial analytics/reporting tools actually capitalize on selling their software/product due to real time data. Think of Bloomberg's terminals. Bloomberg became a billionaire selling these terminals that display real data.

But some financial analytics/reporting tools actually capitalize on selling their software/product due to real time data. Think of Bloomberg's terminals. Bloomberg became a billionaire selling these terminals that display real data.

Good point but in terms of financial analytics/reporting tools I doubt there is anyone out there that could compete with Bloomberg so your example would fall into the category of niche market. Do you agree?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.