Perhaps I am not hip yet, but I read too much about Hulu. I just read Hulu will start charging for content. Why is this big news? Perhaps is it because in today's society, people have become accustomed to a free site or is it that people are just cheap. So when I read about Hulu charging, my thoughts are:
1. Will it affect membership?
2. Is hulu better than youtube?

So what are your thought?

Perhaps I am not hip yet, but I read too much about Hulu. I just read Hulu will start charging for content. Why is this big news? Perhaps is it because in today's society, people have become accustomed to a free site or is it that people are just cheap. So when I read about Hulu charging, my thoughts are:
1. Will it affect membership?
2. Is hulu better than youtube?

So what are your thought?

It will affect membership if they charge for all content. If, like many other sites that offer online content at a cost, they offer premium content for a fee and still offer free content I think they will be OK. If they charge for all content they will lose membership, especially as there are other sites that are offering the same type of service. And since YouTube started offering movies and tv content after Hulu had grown in popularity, I would say that Youtube is playing catch up. Does this make hulu better than YouTube? No. But I think that it is evident to everyone that YouTube realized that they had to respond to the Hulu model.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.