Hello fellow members,
I am new to this forum and glad to have found it.

Here is my plan.

We have a shop and would like to have online presence.
This business is related to car audio and lighting

So I have already brought a domain (example xyz.net)
But where can i host a website for
1) Free without and ad or nags
or
2) For a small fee and best value for money.

I would like to have a forum attached to this website
So that I can have a consultation, customer feedback and recommendation section.

1) Hosting free forum related to my domain name (xyz.net)
or
2) Using a free forum thats available online.

I will also have a shopping section but the shopping will be linked to a regional general online store. For example I might link the products mentioned in my site to my store front in ebay. (just an example)

This will help me from having a cart and credit card tranactions etc...

How can i go about it?
I am old school in web development and can work on photoshop. So i will use a template to design the website. I dont know where to host it. Or which forum to use.

Please help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by virtuemart

Hello fellow members,
I am new to this forum and glad to have found it.

Here is my plan.

We have a shop and would like to have online presence.
This business is related to car audio and lighting

So I have already brought a domain (example xyz.net)
But where can i host a website for
1) Free without and ad or nags
or
2) For a small fee and best value for money.

I would like to have a forum attached to this website
So that I can have a consultation, customer feedback and recommendation section.

1) Hosting free forum related to my domain name (xyz.net)
or
2) Using a free forum thats available online.

I will also have a shopping section but the shopping will be linked to a regional general online store. For example I might link the products mentioned in my site to my store front in ebay. (just an example)

This will help me from having a cart and credit card tranactions etc...

How can i go about it?
I am old school in web development and can work on photoshop. So i will use a template to design the website. I dont know where to host it. Or which forum to use.

Please help.

Hi..... I think there is no free hosting for the site but if you want a free hosting of your website it will have an extension name like .. www.xyz.ning.com

try www.ning.com

or other web hosting site.....

I have heard good things about Apollo Hosting in the past. Not free but the rates are very affordable for what they offer.

Free website hosts are good for many things, but for hosting a business website, you cannot beat professional paid web hosting for reliability, service, and support

Based on what you are talking about in your post one option you might want to consider is setting up something in WordPress through a site hosting provider. The costs are manageable and the plug-ins are many. You can set up a page that would act as the page that would do the referring to the ebay content and you could set up a blog page for the consultation/comments/recommendations. Just another option.

Thanks for the replies.
After reading and looking at information I decided to buy space online (Hosting)
Purchased from ihost as i can see some excellent deals are on!

Then I decided on a template to work on and found a something that i was having in mind at Template monster.

Now i will start working on the site and customize according to my need.

Its not worth to take any risk with free hosting services.

Now i am considering the forum part which is crucial to the website.

very interesting conversation.
still I think free hosting services are fine, the only thing is that it is really not better than paid ones and you may stay unnoticed.
as for Templates, I would suggest

<a href="http://www.websitetemplates.bz/" title="Website Templates">Website Templates</a>.bz

becuase the more A TemplateWebsite is popular, the more chances that you will find your template 3-4 times))))

get an average popularity of Template Company!

good luck

very interesting conversation.
still I think free hosting services are fine, the only thing is that it is really not better than paid ones and you may stay unnoticed.
as for Templates, I would suggest

http://www.websitetemplates.bz

becuase the more A TemplateWebsite is popular, the more chances that you will find your template 3-4 times))))

get an average popularity of Template Company!

good luck

Edited by virtuemart: n/a

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.