Not too long ago, many businesses were jumping into creating a Twitter presence. I dont hear much of that now. So my question for you are:
1. Do you think its over rated?
2. Is Twitter "old" now?
3. Did businesses gained ROI with Twitter?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Not too long ago, many businesses were jumping into creating a Twitter presence. I dont hear much of that now. So my question for you are:
1. Do you think its over rated?
2. Is Twitter "old" now?
3. Did businesses gained ROI with Twitter?

I find Twitter still very useful. Gets what you write here all over the place at the push of a button.

Agreed. I find it super useful as well. There's a lot of fun things you can use it for and it's definitely not old. Lots of people are still joining and learning all about it. My favorite thing about twitter is that you are able to reach those people who need your services without having to do too much. You can search for keywords in your field, or you can simply connect with local customers around you.

All this aside, I even think twitter is useful for businesses to maintain a connected brand. It's great to see companies interacting with their customers and at times, it's the one shot you have to hear a complaint where you may not have even known otherwise. Not only can you hear the complaint but you also now have a chance to fix it.

All in all, I have found it to be a very useful tool. I'd definitely give it a shot if you are still considering trying it.

In don't think it is over rated I used it and find that it does deliver for what I used it for. I also don't think it is old but the opposite more business are just understanding how to use it. Some businesses are getting back more than they invested for other it will take time and it does depends how you use it and if you are using it correctly for the result that you need.

Thanks for all your testimonials. I just know I personally have created a few Twitter accounts and use them and them let it die.

Well, twitter is good as a broadcast medium. It's not very much of a social network because of it's simplicity. I use twitter to receive and broadcast news and updates.

Depends on what you mean by ROI. If you mean direct sales and making immediate money, twitter is hardly your place. If you mean to prequalify and build a list - twitter is very much the place.

Twitter is fun and addictive, but you don't achieve success over night.

So what is the best way to tap to the power of Twitter?

Twitter is still there and having the same grace... but it may take some time to give you benefits and usually people don't have enough time to wait a while... perhaps this is the reason for some people didn't found it useful

Very true. Twitter may be a fad. Let us see how long this fad last.

as far as I can see, Twitter is one of the most in demand social networkings now a days and I think it can help a lot to promote your website..

Twitter is helpful to me. It delivers me traffic and help me to build connections with people.

Yes it takes time to see the effect. But it merits a try if you want to increase your popularity.

Although the links from Twitter are rated highly by Google, yet they are not very suitable for link building and page ranking purposes. These links can be treated as educative links without profit.

Twitter is not over rated, a very good social media providing good exposure to online business and internet marketing people. so twitter deserves it.

I think that twitter has gone places as number 1 site in promotion of website. My own website www. seobaba.com has achieved top rankings in business world by using twitter technique.

I personally don't like it. i tried it but it's kinda pointless. There is nothing extra about it just writing what your doing or making a comment. Only thing good I found was being nosy to find out what celebs are doing but who knows if it's really them. Facebook is 1000 times better.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.