OK, I see. I guess it's a good thing after all with the manual verification and stuff. After all I'd like to know my money is safe, even if that means that I have to undergo this strict verification procedure.
I'd still like to know some details about the ikard if you don't mind. Thanks!

The ikard is in fact a visa electron debit card that you receive as soon as there are money into your ikobo account ( I don't think the sum is important). You receive this card for free and in my case it took 5 days to arrive. I think you can also use this card to make online and over-counter purchases (I'm not too sure about this part).
You use the card as you'd use a normal ATM card to withdraw your money from any ATM displaying the Visa Electron logo. Anything else?

I've heard of www.yowcow.com but never tried them. They're really fast on email queries tho.

http://paypalsucks.com/ makes quite an interesting read about paypal actually... That was where I found YowCow.

edit: oops - I missed a page...

That site is an interesting one indeed. I know that not all of those stories are the result of paypal's lack of professionalism or lack of customer care or whatever. A certain amount of them is the result of user inability to conform to some rules, or just being plain careless (another word would have been appropriate here, but I don't want to offend anyone). That being so, it still leaves a great number of people who have been mistreated, ignored and maybe even ripped off by paypal. It made me change my mind regarding paypal and start to look somewhere else.

That site is an interesting one indeed. I know that not all of those stories are the result of paypal's lack of professionalism or lack of customer care or whatever. A certain amount of them is the result of user inability to conform to some rules, or just being plain careless (another word would have been appropriate here, but I don't want to offend anyone). That being so, it still leaves a great number of people who have been mistreated, ignored and maybe even ripped off by paypal. It made me change my mind regarding paypal and start to look somewhere else.

Please don't accuse people of being trustworthy and honest. I believe that the service has lots of issues to resolve and not the people. If they pretend to be good then it better act like a company that is doing the best for its customers. Otherwise, very soon it will be history.

Maybe you're right, maybe paypal should look out for their customers more. I'm not sure about them becoming history, but now there are more and more alternatives to them which should provide some decent competition and we a like competition, don't we?

I wasn't sure whether or not it was people abusing the system who are losing out, but having seen that they've been banned from operating in a number of American States I guess they can't be as white as all that!

Hmm, I wasn't aware of the fact that they've been banned in some states. I guess this indeed comes to prove how trustworthy they really are, but regardless of that people will still use them, until they get burned themselves. It's quite sad actually.

Hmm, I wasn't aware of the fact that they've been banned in some states. I guess this indeed comes to prove how trustworthy they really are, but regardless of that people will still use them, until they get burned themselves. It's quite sad actually.

I think we talked enough about PrayPal :D . Let's see what other payment providers exists on the market and what do they have to offer. Anybody ? :p

go to the paypalsucks.com site and click 'options'. There's a list there.

Paypal is not bad, however lots of people doing semi illegal things have goten coughtup and wanted their money back.

Alot of people under 18 get paypal accounts one way or another, and these in themselfs are illegal, so are a few other things.

Paypal is the largest out there, they must be doing somthing right :)

I think we talked enough about PrayPal :D . Let's see what other payment providers exists on the market and what do they have to offer. Anybody ? :p

Well, here are alternatives:
iKobo, Epassporte, e-gold, authorize.net, PayPal, Yahoo! PayDirect, 2Checkout, iBill, Kagi, ClickBank, DigiBuy, VeriSign Payflow Pro® and Payflow Link®, Affero, BTClick&Buy, CCAvenue, CCBill, CCNow, ClickBank, DigiBuy, DigitalCandle, FastPay, ImagineNation, InstaBill, Jettis, Kagi, MembershipPlus, Moneybookers, MultiCards, MyPaySystems, NoChex, PartyKey, Pay-Line, Paymate, Process54, ProPay, Reg.Net, RegNow, RegSoft, Share*It, StormPay, SWREG, V-Share, Verotel, VolPay.
I could tell you a thing or two about some of these services (not all of them of course).

wow ... so many ... And I think this is not even the real number ... There are much more ... The problem people have is what payment provider should choose. And I think forums like this should clear up this problem. I am sad people are not talking about their experiences with different payment providers. All I can say is that iKobo is a good service that helped me transfer large sums of money between me and my clients or my family. Also its coverage helped me a lot. What can u say (not you Carlson :), other people from this thread ) about your experiences ?

Hello.
I am the director of Yowcow www.yowcow.com and if I can be of any assistance, let me know. We make it a habit to listen to people like you. May I caution everyone on ikobo as can bee seen at www.paypalsucks.com which is a site to combat paypal and also to discuss viable alternatives. PayPalSucks works with the legal community and was of great assistance in bring the people together in the lawsuit against PayPal.

I never heard of YowCow but if someone speaks about PayPal or iKobo or other payment provider this could mean only one thing. Those services are being used by many people and its inherent the existing of problems.

All I know about yowcow is I found a guy who was spamming for them (wasn't that good either) and when I clicked on his referral link (out of pure curiosity) his account was terminated. That doesn't tell me a lot of good things about yowcow, but who knows, I may be wrong.

Hello.
I am the director of Yowcow www.yowcow.com

and was of great assistance in bring the people together

LOL nice grammar Mr.Director Man :rolleyes:

P.S. it's called a gerund, it's your friend

:mrgreen: yeah, as in that little "ing" thingy at the end of a verb.

Truth is spammers often have this type of bad grammar. I suppose spammer school doesn't have English classes, or they're from some not-English-speaking country.

:mrgreen: yeah, as in that little "ing" thingy at the end of a verb.

Truth is spammers often have this type of bad grammar. I suppose spammer school doesn't have English classes, or they're from some not-English-speaking country.

Yeah, you got htat right man. Anyway a little mistake is acceptable for people like us with no MANAGEMENT aptitudes. But for a director of CrapCow... anyway he is a SPAMMER. So forget about it ...

My mistake. on the "ing"
So how do I approach this forum without being called a spammer? I know, but I need to know from the people that jump to conclussions and are so set in thier ways that a post like this is classed as spamming.
Are you so content with the information supplied on subjects without needing the source? Have you even bothered to look at our postings? We post in forums because dont want to be the "company" with no voice. Perhaps you prefer dealing with companies that remain quiet?

Has anyone ever thought that a reply to question from YowCow maybe a good thing, or is it the general consensus that being in the dark is better?

If you dont want me to post, thats fine. My posts contain information in regards to ecommerce related information and apart from my "nic" I dont mention YowCow often. My first post was to introduce myself, and I apologize to those that didnt "GET" it !

I like the comment on spammer school, very funny... BTW.. "htat" is spelt "that" if your so concerned about grammar ;)

As for the person that was spamming and Carlson clicked on the link that showed the account was terminated.... Did it ever occur to Carlson that we have a spamming policy that states an account would be terminated if spamming is detected? How does that present a caution? Should we have let that continue? I must admit, this thread is very funny and the conclussions made are even funnier. :cheesy:

OK, most of your post: blah blah... and some more blah blah.
What I can't seem to understand is why would someone be spamming in your name and you're saying you don't allow that and terminate his account? Why was he doing it? Out of the goodness of his heart or something?
You say the thread is funny, what I think is funny (as in strange) is that nobody has banned you yet...

OK, most of your post: blah blah... and some more blah blah.
What I can't seem to understand is why would someone be spamming in your name and you're saying you don't allow that and terminate his account? Why was he doing it? Out of the goodness of his heart or something?
You say the thread is funny, what I think is funny (as in strange) is that nobody has banned you yet...

This is my impression too ... Anyway what is YowCow country coverage ?

I guess I scared him off and he won't answer anymore :evil: . Anyway, I checked it out and their coverage is pretty good. Remains to be seen if it actually works though, so far it hasn't done anything to make me trust them... so far.

LOL nice grammar Mr.Director Man :rolleyes:

P.S. it's called a gerund, it's your friend

Hi. Do you work also in php or asp ? If your answer is positive then here is another question: Can you make a script for ikobo's IPN in order to fill a mysql database with it ? I really need it to make an experiment and see if I can make some statistics from it. Thanks.

yes. I am intrested in the script for Ikobo's IPN too.:D

I guess I scared him off and he won't answer anymore :evil: . Anyway, I checked it out and their coverage is pretty good. Remains to be seen if it actually works though, so far it hasn't done anything to make me trust them... so far.

Do you think that any payment processor with a website and little advertising is good and trustworthy? Even paypal has its share of frauds and there are many of them. So, in conclusion, I don't think we should trust any cow or dog or whatever payment company with an animal in its name just because the say we should. Lately the number of frauds increased exponentially and we should between already established market operators.

I suppose you're right, but anyway, I never said I trust them or anything. You're right about paypal, the reports about frauds committed through this system are increasing dangerously these days. So far there haven't been any fraud reports involving my current payment service so I'm sticking with it.

I want to integrate Ikobo payment option into OSCommerce? Can anyone share your experiences with me?

Well, there's a module to provide such integration. I myself haven't tried it so far, but I know for a fact that it works and others are using it. You can find it here . Let me know if this helps you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.