hi all

i am from uk and i am a newbie in internet marketing but i find it interesting thats why i want to excel in this area..
Cheers
Jenny

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Sounds good to me, Jenny! Please post if you have any specific questions (just remember, no site specific talk).

hi all

i am from uk and i am a newbie in internet marketing but i find it interesting thats why i want to excel in this area..
Cheers
Jenny

Marketing on the internet is no different that marketing offline (excet for that SEO thing which I don't really lose my sleep over).

You gotta hit the psychology of the people viewing your ad, the medium which you are using to reach them doesn't really matter.

Answering your original question : What segment of internet marketing do you want to excel in? Search Engine Marketing? Online Advertising? eMail Marketing? or something else?

I would suggest safest way to research thoroughly the internet marketing company that you are considering.

You should start by subscribing to good newsletters and forums. There is a lot of great free content out there.

Or go to Internet Marketing conventions :) Those are fun ... plus, it's a good overview of a little of everything, and a good place to meet contacts. If you're really serious, I strongly encourage going to at least one Internet Marketing convention.

you should read as many post in the forums as real life questons will help you better then reading books

You should start by subscribing to good newsletters and forums. There is a lot of great free content out there.

Great suggestion!

There are so many Internet marketing techniques to learn about. I would suggest identifying one technique (for example search engine marketing) and focus on learning everything you can about it for 2 weeks. Then choose another technique and learn about that for the next 2 weeks.

IMHO, do this before buying any books, etc. as there are just as many bad books as there are good, and learning for free online will provide you with the knowledge to tell the good from the bad.

Good luck!
Morty

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.