Hi,

I am new to Daniweb--very impressive and just what I am looking for. I recently decided to form my own business and go out on my own in my field of interest. I bought an Advanced Web Hosting package at Network Solutions. I have been trying to put together a bare bones web page (help! :o ), and now need to make a decision about marketing. At .04c per click I can get into the top ten or something like that (first page of search results), I am not sure what to expect in terms of results, but cannot afford to really go over 3-5 dollars per day.

Network Solutions have gotten me to pay them $27 per month to send my business description and link to my site to "over 100 different search engines." I am not really sure how accurate this is or where I will be in the rankings. I do know that there are not many interventionist out there.

So, as someone who helps others for a living, I am begging for some help here. I need to get the web page up and going and the advertising going. Please advise me about a decent marketing plan that will get me out there.

Thanks

Whit :mrgreen:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi,

I am new to Daniweb--very impressive and just what I am looking for. I recently decided to form my own business and go out on my own in my field of interest. I bought an Advanced Web Hosting package at Network Solutions. I have been trying to put together a bare bones web page (help! :o ), and now need to make a decision about marketing. At .04c per click I can get into the top ten or something like that (first page of search results), I am not sure what to expect in terms of results, but cannot afford to really go over 3-5 dollars per day.

Network Solutions have gotten me to pay them $27 per month to send my business description and link to my site to "over 100 different search engines." I am not really sure how accurate this is or where I will be in the rankings. I do know that there are not many interventionist out there.

So, as someone who helps others for a living, I am begging for some help here. I need to get the web page up and going and the advertising going. Please advise me about a decent marketing plan that will get me out there.

Thanks

Whit :mrgreen:

You could help us help you by telling something about your business. :) What exactly do you want to promote?

We don't allow any site specific talk in this particular forum, but a description of your business model would be appropriate. For example, is this an eCommerce site? Is it a forum?

This will help us determine which type of advertising works best. In most cases, a combination of SEO techniques with Google AdWords is appropriate.

Csc Girl...I actually sent YOU a PM asking for your help last week, did you get it?

I help families get addicted or alcoholic loved ones into sobriety or treatment.

Thanks in advance, folks.

Whit

Notice my signature - I ignore all questions in PMs. I simply get way too many of them each day. Answering them would occupy completely all of my time and it's simply not conductive to forum growth. Sorry.

:confused: ...must not impede growth! ;)

I personally read all PM as it is personal message that intend me to read, Whit, if you think I can help you, feel free to send me PM.

etechsupport-

Thank you for responding. I have been working in the trentches with addicted adolescents for the last ten years and have finally gotten myself into a position to help a wider audience and really do something that I LOVE!! I will PM you. :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.