Hi Guyz,
What are the Different purpose of This social medias: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and LinkedIn?
I can get answer also in google, Bing and from other, but I need you personal opinion on this, what do you guys really feel about this social medias Platforms?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

In my opinion the major purpose of social media platforms is to provide people with no voice a platform. Unfortunately that platform is used mainly to shout "HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME". In other words, social media is mostly a vast wasteland.

Elon Musk recently put a cap of 600 for the number of tweets that can be read by a user per day. After (supposedly) widespread outrage he relaxed this to 800. If you find 600-800 a limit then you are spending way too much time on social media. Go read something worthwhile.

commented: And the competition launched a few days ago and crushed him ouch! +0

Each social media platform has its own unique purpose, features, and audience:

Facebook: Facebook is a general social networking platform that allows users to connect with friends and family, share photos and videos, and join groups based on shared interests.

Twitter: Twitter is a microblogging platform that allows users to share short messages called "tweets" with their followers. It's often used for real-time updates, news, and commentary on current events.

Instagram: Instagram is a photo-sharing platform that allows users to share photos and videos, and engage with their followers through likes, comments, and direct messages. It's often used by influencers, brands, and businesses to showcase their products and services.

LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a professional networking platform that allows users to connect with other professionals, share their work experience and skills, and find job opportunities. It's often used for networking, job searches, and career development.

YouTube: YouTube is a video-sharing platform that allows users to upload and share videos, and engage with their audience through comments and likes. It's often used for entertainment, education, and marketing.

TikTok: TikTok is a short-form video-sharing platform that allows users to create and share short videos with music and effects. It's often used for entertainment and creative expression.

Understanding the purpose and audience of each social media platform can help you choose the right platform to reach your target audience and achieve your marketing goals.

I forgot one point. Social media platforms are a tool that big business uses to harvest your personal data for profit. If the government was asking for the same data we'd be screaming about "Big Brother", but it seems most people are happy to just give it away to Google, Facebook, etc. Remember what they say, "if you aren't paying for it then YOU are the product".

It's not just big businesses. "If you're not the customer, you're the product" is applicable to sites such as DaniWeb, as well. We essentially create a free community platform targeted to a specific audience demographic, and then we rely on advertising dollars from companies that want to reach that targeted demographic in order to pay our bills. This is the same business model for publications and pretty much all media conglomerates (print magazines, etc.) as well.

The downside is we serve multiple masters. We have to give end-users of our community what they want or they'll leave and we won't have any inventory to sell. We have to give the advertisers paying us (our customers!) what they want. We have to give Google, who supplies us with a fresh supply of new end-users, what they want, or else we run into the SEO issues we are currently experiencing. And we have to give our moderators and top contributors what they want. Etc.

Different platforms have different purposes. Linkedin for example is designed for professionals. Facebook is for all. Twitter is for short messaging. YouTube is massive and designed to share videos while making money.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.