Hello all,

I'm new to the forums but fairly savvy on internet marketing. Just wanted some advice on where to go next.

I recently launched an online affiliate-based shopping website, aimed at promoting goods from all over the UK alongside charity gifts and goods. I've done all the basics - populated the store with over 300 products, cross-linked pages and done (most of) the SEO. I've set up and linked Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Google Plus. I've done the sitemaps and search engine submissions.

At the moment I am working on a zero budget until I get my first sale (I only set up shop two weeks ago), so am looking for ideas on where to go next without spending money, I even checked internet marketing videos for more ideas about this but couldnt find much. Once I get some income, I will use it to go for paid advertising, but that isn't an option at the minute.

So what do you guys think should be my next step, or do you think I should stick where I am for the minute with social media and the shop?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Here (USA) I'd suggest you get your products up on Amazon as well. In the UK I don't know if it's as big a deal but folk I know don't use any new site for quite some time.

Your products would have to be unique like you see on Etsy or you have a great no-questions asked return policy like Amazon Prime.

Maybe do some link marketing, it's quite inexpensive and can bring SEO results.

Blog posting with cross-links. Create a separate blog (Wordpress, etc.) per product category (eg., Electectronics, Autos, etc). Just offer posts about USEFUL information and link back to the product site page.

Tactfully look for forums and provide assitance, ending with a link to your product page.

Finally, it's important to have a Facebook page and Google Plus page. Posting alerts to your new blog posts, creating HELPFUL cross-link cycles.

Well, shoot a unique video and promote the site with the help of Youtube, for this a lot of money is not needed.

Create one blog & then continue to post in your blog. Create one youtube account & publish your video. I hope its help to you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.