Hi

I'm using Dreamweaver8 on a Mac and want to embed short video clips. In the past I've used YOUTUBE because the procedure is simple but I don't like the quality or the lack of personal control.

I know how to set up a link to upload a clip, of course, and although I can make the website download the clip and play, it it always displays everything on a blank 'fresh' page. I want it to display on the dsame page that the request was made—otherewise I can't help the user to get back to the original page.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
westfamily

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This is probably the easiest to use video player I have ever found:

Long Tail Video Player

Follow the instructions that come with the download. You can then use the wizard to set up the embedded object how you want it.

I would suggest you use the player that plays flv files. You can convert any of your videos to this format. This convertor may be worth a try.

I hope that helps.

This is probably the easiest to use video player I have ever found:

Long Tail Video Player

Follow the instructions that come with the download. You can then use the wizard to set up the embedded object how you want it.

I would suggest you use the player that plays flv files. You can convert any of your videos to this format. This convertor may be worth a try.

I hope that helps.

Thank you for your quick response. I will follow your advice and let you know how I get on.

Paul

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.