I wasn't sure where to post this thread, but I'm running Dreamweaver 8 on a Dell with Windows XP. Everything was just fine until yesterday. In the middle of doing nothing too unusual, it crashed. Now it won't launch. 5 seconds after it opens, it throws up a window that says something like: Dreamweaver has to close now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling the software? I'm from a Mac background, so I'd usually trash the pref file or zap the PRAM on a Mac. Is there something like that on PC?

Any help would be super.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

copy and paste the error message
'something like' only tells 'almost how' to fix it

Good point. Here's what it says:

Dreamweaver 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

error messages usually have a string of digits, or a dump, I was hoping dreamweaver did too
instead they have a long list of errors and yours is included in the trouble shooter

Link: adobe Knowlege base

good luck
KB - ensure the latest greatest version is installed with all the updates, then delete some cache files

Check the stupid-event cases first:

- Are you out of disk space?
- Are you out of RAM (project got too big for the workspace)?
- Is the file damaged (try another project file)?
- Did you take a disk or flash stick out of the drive before the project was fully saved?
- Are you trying to open a project with one or more components on a read-only CD?
- Is a file write-protected?
- Is a component of the project on a removable disk that is not now in the drive?
- Does the computer need rebooting after a power glitch or a thunderstorm?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.