HI,
i want a pure HTML editor,Can support syntax high color.
some tell me

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

I'm a fan lately of a program called Notepad++ for Windows. It's a straight text editor with syntax highlighting - you didn't say if you wanted WYSIWYG or not. If you do, I'd check out a program called NVU, or if you're looking to spend money, Dreamweaver. Microsoft Expression or Visual Web Designer Express might be good, too, but probably a little overkill. Good luck!

Member Avatar for Rhyan

HI,
some tell me

If you are looking for the perfect HTML editor that is free, you better download it straight from the guys that make the internet standards - W3 consortium.

This is the official page of the free editor called Amaya. http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

It is available for most OSes including windows.

Good luck

Rhyan is right!
Amaya is a great program.

I also like Dreamweaver because of the wide range of uses; however, it is expensive.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

I use HomeSite+ 5.5 and WeBuilder. Both are good. There's another one HTMLPad which is lower cousin of WeBuilder.

However, i oftenly use UEStudio(UltraEdit). It suppoerts almost everything i need and its my favorite.

I use textpad to write HTML code. It's just a text editor with some powerful features. Give it a try.

I'm a fan of hard coding. If this is what you need then I recommend the editor "Edit Plus" A user friendly editor with color coded function and easy one touch inserts. The ease to go from code to design page (separate pages) is a must. But then if you prefer "copy paste design" or "WYSIWYG" then I enjoy and recommend Dreamweaver 8, this is a must for every designer. Hope this helps. God bless.

Well, I use Aptana editor, it has JS debugger and it is useful sometimes :)

I have always (well, for the past five years) favored Dreamweaver, as I believe it to be a more or less complete solution. I know it doesn't come cheap, but if you can afford it you should definitely consider it.

Another great editor, if you're using a Mac, is PageSpinner. It's much cheaper than Dreamweaver, but a very competent software. You find it here: http://www.optima-system.com/pagespinner/ .

I think I'm the only person who prefers to do all my web coding in notepad. Only time I use an editor (frontpage) is for drawing tables.

I've used HyperEdit before and it was pretty nice. It's strictly an HTML/CSS editor with a preview window, no drag n' drop interface. I don't know though if its available for Windows or is just a Mac program.

HI,
some tell me

What u need is dreamweaver 8. hope it works for you.

I think I'm the only person who prefers to do all my web coding in notepad. Only time I use an editor (frontpage) is for drawing tables.

I've used HyperEdit before and it was pretty nice. It's strictly an HTML/CSS editor with a preview window, no drag n' drop interface. I don't know though if its available for Windows or is just a Mac program.

I do ALL of my coding in notepad, including tables and JavaScript.

PSPAD all the way

I have always (well, for the past five years) favored Dreamweaver, as I believe it to be a more or less complete solution. I know it doesn't come cheap, but if you can afford it you should definitely consider it.

Another great editor, if you're using a Mac, is PageSpinner. It's much cheaper than Dreamweaver, but a very competent software. You find it here: http://www.optima-system.com/pagespinner/ .

Have read all the posts and this is by my opininion the best reply.
If You make websites in order to make money, You really should go with dreamweaver, at least the first 30 days of trial.

obviously everyone is entitled to there opinion. But i make money creating web sites without using dreamweaver. It all depends on the user, if your confident enough that you can code completely by hand then i suggest this approach as being the definitive answer. Having dreamweaver weave its magic solutions for me doesnt appeal to me, plus the horrendous amount of bulk code it adds to your project when using the automated methods. This may not appear on small projects but when you start to undertake something a little bigger there is a consierable amount of data being stored which is useless. But as i said everyone to there own.

Notepad 2 has syntax highlighting and is good. Can't remember where I got it from Google it I also use dreamweaver 8 get it for 30 days then buy it if u like it

CRimson Editor, free... and pretty good, if you want to pay, get DW CS3 :D

Notepad++ has syntax highlighting for a lot of different languages.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.