Dear All,
I am new to Daniweb community. I am a business man in India and not a technical person anyhow. I want to create a SMS Gateway to send bulk SMS. For this I need to have all the technical know how about the same. I also want to know that is there any role of a telecom company in sending bulk SMS. If yes, what exactly it is? What is an SMS Gateway exactly. I want to use a website to allow access to my executives and clients to send bulk sms. PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

Regards,

Kawaljeet.

ics commented: I found this site while researching the same information. +0
rayidi commented: I'll help you out with the details. Call me Radhakrishna on +919866235007 +0

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Kawaljeet,

Are you looking to provide a bulk sms service to other companies or is something which your own company requires?

Dear All,
I am new to Daniweb community. I am a business man in India and not a technical person anyhow. I want to create a SMS Gateway to send bulk SMS. For this I need to have all the technical know how about the same. I also want to know that is there any role of a telecom company in sending bulk SMS. If yes, what exactly it is? What is an SMS Gateway exactly. I want to use a website to allow access to my executives and clients to send bulk sms. PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

Regards,

Kawaljeet.

An SMS Gateway is a pretty big piece of Software, if you are not technical, rather than making one which would take quite a while I suggest you purchase one or check for free version with support.

I agree with Kawaljeet. Never go into tech business without a tech guy.

But if you only want to want to use the software for your own purpose, you can setup one easily using a cellphone or GSM modem. Here's a brief guide:-

Do you need to receive SMS? If you need to receive SMS, you will need to host your own GSM device or modem so that people can send you SMS.

If not, you can just use internet SMS gateways like clickatell to do the work, and post to them by HTTP, XML or email. The cost is about 6-8 cents per SMS. There are cheaper services, but not always reliable. If you need to host your own GSM device, you can use software like http://www.kannel.org (GPL Open Source) or http://www.visualgsm.com.

Regards,

Dear Kawaljeet It's more simple to start Bulk SMS Service in india.

**Step1 : Finding best gsm modem **

You need GSM Modem for sending SMS Message using SIM Card
Find the types of modem here

According to your requirement there are several gsm modems available in the market.

**Step 2 : Software launguages **

You need technicle guy who knows programming launguage LIKE ( DOT.NET, PHP, JAVA )

**Step 3 : Understanding the sms delivery routes **

First of all you need to follow the guidelines of Telecom Regulatory Authority In India ( TRAI )

Currently in india there are 2 routes available for Bulk SMS. 1 Promotional 2 Transactional.

Promotional route : you can send message 9 AM to 9 PM. This route messages will not be deliver to DND Numbers

(DND)Transactional route : you can send 24X7 with template approval. You need to approve SMS Templates And Sender IDs for sending a trascational message. This route messages will be deliver to DND numbers and non-DND Numbers.

you can understand transactional message here

**Step 4 : Starting Bulk SMS Service **

Start your services right away. If you want any clarification about Bulk sms feel free to contact me at any time. Because i want to start Bulk SMS Business as soon as possible.

SNIP

For starting bulk sms service in India:

After getting registered with TRAI as "Registered Telemarketer", What is the next step?
How to contact Telecom companies like TATA, Airtel etc for bulk sms.

Dear Rupinder22,

You no need to register with TRAI to run a Bulk SMS Company. You just need to contact either tata or loop mobile for gateways. Thats will cost you too much.

If you want to do that just email your query to 1515@tatatel.co.in they will get in touch with you.

Let me know if you want any clarification.

Is there any free sites providing it...........

I want to know how the sms cycle run and what is the process from root to customer. i want to create a onw indepandent sms server without any other company or person interference. so give me the whole information about it and its starting sources to create a pure independent company. Also give some links about to get accurate and correct Indian cities mobile nos database providers.

Thanks

CMK

I am from India and I want to setup my own bulk sms business so that I can offer bulk sms service to business and consumers. I checked with few option like being a reseller, but it has very very less margin due to higher price. (I do not understand why they charge so high when they get the service for free..correct me if I am wrong.)

@rayidi Please provide me step by step info on how to start my own bulk sms service.

Hello Ajay,

Being a Bulk sms reseller in India is not a big deal. There are so many Resellers in india for sure.

If you want to do business with you need to buy a TPS ( Transactions Per Secound ) bulk sms api from the vendors or the network operators.

The Vendors will buy the sms in TPS connections. Means they can send unlimited messages in a month that costs higher than normal. Thats why they will sell the sms to lower cost to the master resellers or sub vendros. Its like there are so many resellers in middle, Each and every reseller having their margin that's the why the last reseller have to purchase in higher price than normal.

My advice was to catch the direct vendors rather than local resellers.

All the above is my knowledge about Bulk SMS In India, Let me know you want more info about technologies or some thing.

Good Luck.

Dear all,

I am a software developer, we group of people started a firm recently, we do webdesigning, software development and bulk sms reselling.
Now, we are planing to setup our own bulk sms server. I have been searching web from last 15 days at last i got this thread.

Can any one give me loop mobiles contact for this bulk sms service. I tried on their website i did't find any related.

Hie Murali,

You didn't find any related links regarding Loop Mobile Bulk SMS in their website or any where, You need to contact Loop Mobile Sales team directly. Follow the link: http://www.loopmobile.in/contact.php

Hi There:

I have a GoIP 8 Port GSM Gateway (8 SIMs) and hoping to make an SMS server with it. Can anyone suggest what sort of software/server can I use to get upand running.

Regards

spacibo

Hi pradeep7864,
I recommend you to read this article: http://ozekisms.com/index.php?owpn=784 It's about how to provide SMS services by using Ozeki NG SMS Gateway. It's worth a try.

hi
i am pradeep from india, i want to start my own bulk sms company please progide me batter sujjation and idea

Hi there,

After reading the question and answers, I'm going to give a full answer in connection with the technical details...

I am a business man in India and not a technical person anyhow. I want to create a SMS Gateway to send bulk SMS.

If you're not a software developer, I recommend you to choose an SMS gateway software that allows you to send and receive bulk SMS messages (instead of creating a new one). You need to install the software on your computer, and bring off some configurations. For this, you can usually use the developer's software documentation. (If you are still in trouble, the developer's technical support team can help you.) This way you and your staff can easily send/receive SMSs.

What is an SMS Gateway exactly

"An SMS gateway allows a computer to send or receive Short Message Service (SMS) transmissions to or from a telecommunications network. Most messages are eventually routed into the mobile phone networks. Many SMS gateways support media conversion from email and other formats." (Source and more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateway)

I want to use a website to allow access to my executives and clients to send bulk sms.

I didn't fully understand it, but let's see... So, you need an SMS gateway with a web-based interface. I know some desktop applications that can be used for SMS messaging, but they can be used on only one computer on which the software has been installed previously. If it's needed to many employees will be able to send SMSs through the same SMS gateway, it's worth to install a gateway that has a web GUI (graphical user interface). This way, all of the employees can login to the same interface then send messages from there by opening a simple URL in their webbrowser. Let's see the GUI of Ozeki NG SMS Gateway as an example: <URL SNIPPED>
If you want to <URL SNIPPED> for your customers, there is a mobile application that can be used for this.

If you have any question, I'm happy to help, just write me a reply!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.