I already have one RAM in a slot.Everest says it is Memory Speed DDR2-800 (400 MHz)

Memory Speed DDR2-800 (400 MHz)

So,If I buy a memory for other free slot to go with this,what kind of a RAM should I buy?

It says

Supported Memory Types	DDR2-667 SDRAM, DDR2-800 SDRAM, DDR3-667 SDRAM, DDR3-800 SDRAM, DDR3-1066 SDRAM

Here are my questions.
1.Is my current RAM 800MHz or 400MHz?
2.What is this 667 in DDR2-667 ?
3.What RAM should I buy for my extra slot to go with my current RAM?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi silvercats. Here are the answers to your questions.

1. Your current one is 400 MHz
2. I think is the date transfer rate. Not so sure myself.

I not sure about your last question because I do not have a lot of experience with ram. Maybe another helper can answer that question.

The 667 in DDR2-667 is the data rate of the RAM. It is always better to go with memory that is as similar to what you already have. But if you have the funds upgrade both chips to DDR3-1066 because you will get better everything performance, power usage, reliability, etc.

Similar to the one you have is good but the same as you have is better. I have been very happy with my laptop but I have found that it performs better when everything is the same.

You info not really that clear, its showing you can use DDR2 as well as DDR3, which dont make much sense, your best beat is to go here :
http://www.crucial.com
Get it to do a memory scan, it should tell you what you have now, what you can upgrade with, and the price too, if you get stuck, just post back with the scanned results.

Good idea

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.