Hello.

I am new to this forum so apologies in advance if I am repeating a topic. I know its very important to tell you what sort of mp3 player I have but I, like some others, I got a random one from ebay which was probably made from scratch by some clever inventive person.

its a 512mb digital audio player. It has served me well over the last few months, it has radio, voice recorder (WAV) and it plays WMA........but......

it stopped playing my mp3 files....I have no idea why this has happened. If i try to play an mp3, the whole device just switches itself off. whereas it continues to play a WMA files just fine...unless the next song is an mp3 in which case it switches off!!!

I have lost the little CD that came with it but i think the software's stil on my pc. any ideas what could be causing this?

Regards

Sid

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

ps: it used to play both formats just fine before. im not sure why it has recently decided muck up!

Hmm, is it still under warranty?

If so, I would send it back/contact their help line. If it is not, I would try to reinstall the software on the player, most likely from the CD.

Hmm, is it still under warranty?

If so, I would send it back/contact their help line. If it is not, I would try to reinstall the software on the player, most likely from the CD.

hello,

it didn't come with a warranty :eek: and i have lost the CD that came with it....although the software should be on my pc somewhere stil...i hope... how do i reinstall it?

hey, if your still having this problem just stop playing mp3s there are plently of software out there for free to convert. a bandaid fix, sure but desperate times call for desperate measures

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.