Hi all

I'm a musician/sound designer and need more clout than most from my PC. So, I've decided to bulid a new system with the following specs:

Antec p182 Case
ASUS P5K Premium Motherboard
Geforce 8800 GT
Crucial ddr2 pc6400 ram
Intel core 2 Q6600

Sound ok?

First thing to say is that I'm not exactly knowledgeable when it comes to PCs

Anyway, my main problem is that I currently have 2 IDE drives with one (f) holding all my music and the other (c) seemingly the drive that my bios regognises at bootup in order for me boot from my SATA drive (holding windows xp). So in short, if I take out the c: drive my bios won't be able to regognise XP on my SATA drive.
If I purchase an ASUS P5K Premium Motherboard I won't be able to use my IDE drives - so what is the best thing to do? I'd also like to install Vista as well so I can have the choice as to which OS I want to use. How would I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help

you can buy an additional IDE controller, or use both the new and old PC in a network, or buy usb enclosures for the IDE drives and attach then externally to the new system

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.