I spilled coffee on the keyboard of my Dell Inspion 2200 Notebook. I can't power it up. When I plug in the power cord the green light is blinking fast, and I can't power up my computer. Any suggestions.

How long ago was it when you did this?

Was there sugar in the coffee?

If it was today - DO NOT TRY AND TURN IT ON AGAIN - open the laptop and place upside down on a towel in a warm place and hope that it will dry out in 48 hours (the warmer the better - but not the oven or microwave)(to check if the machine is dry place on it side - like an open book with kitchen roll underneath as this will help easily identify moisure leaking out).

If this was longer ago then you will need to get someone skilled to have a look at it! The machine will need to be cleaned.

There are still risks with these options and my professional advice is to get someone in to have a look as they should also have the facilities to save your data before they start.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.