My boss has an Hp xb2000 Expansion Bay with wireless mouse and keyboard. Once the computer is up and going the mouse starts to become jerky, like it is hanging up on the screen and sometimes it has to be clicked 3 times to get results. I thought it might be the keyboard and mouse so we bought new ones but it does the same thing with them as well. I researched for drivers at Hp but there are none. I bought spyware doctor and cleaned out the computer of infected files, freed up space, and deleted temp files but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions that might help solve this problem before my boss throws this stuff out the window?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Device prob.s (hardware) are usually associated with a poor connection to the system board, driver error, or error with the device itself. What can and does affect mice is a dirty and/or oily operating surface. The oil from your hands collects dirt, which is transfered to the track ball, which is then collected on the ball's contact points inside the mouse.

Thanks for the reply however, the mouse is a laser mouse and not even a month old and is doing the same thing as the old one which tells me it may not be the mouse at all. What do you think? I looked for drivers but none were available nor did it come with an installation disk. It works good at start up. Any other ideas?

Device prob.s (hardware) are usually associated with a poor connection to the system board, driver error, or error with the device itself. What can and does affect mice is a dirty and/or oily operating surface. The oil from your hands collects dirt, which is transfered to the track ball, which is then collected on the ball's contact points inside the mouse.

You could try to get the latest drivers off the website that makes your wireless mouse. Are you plugging the items into the same USB ports as before? If so it could be a USB port issue. I would check for any dirt/dust/debris in the port itself. Use a hoover to suck anything out that shouldn't be there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.