I recently purchased a used 17" ViewSonic flat panel monitor. I've been swamped with different ideas on how best to keep it clean, everything from alcohol-free premoistened wipes to using a soft, damp cloth. There are some smudges on the monitor, possibly fingerprints, since a friend had used it for three months previously. I tried the alcohol-free premoistened wipes but they do next to nothing to remove smudges. The monitor seems to be made of glass. Any suggestions on what I should use to clean the monitor, especially with the smudges? Thank you very much.

janda5

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I've read horror stories about the wrong cleaners and LCD monitos. I use a very mild water and Dawn dishwashing detergent combo, but even that doesn't get it all off. Just be very carefull when wiping, so you don't crack it.

I've read horror stories about the wrong cleaners and LCD monitos. I use a very mild water and Dawn dishwashing detergent combo, but even that doesn't get it all off. Just be very carefull when wiping, so you don't crack it.

Thank you very much. Yes, I know one must be extra cautious with cleaners and LCD displays. Thanks again. janda5

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.