My problem:

Whenever I start my computer for first time ( after maybe around 1-3 hours) the monitor doesnt turn on. Then I have to disconnect the power cable and wait for few seconds and connect it. Then it starts.
Whats going on with my monitor or is it graphic cards or maybe power cable?

Please advise!

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

My problem:

Then I have to disconnect the power cable and wait for few seconds and connect it. Then it starts.
Whats going on with my monitor or is it graphic cards or maybe power cable?

Cheers

Or maybe the back doors open .!

if you mean you have to unplug the monitor, then it would be the monitor ,one would think anyway , as unplugging monitor would not affect a card that in the computer tower .

When you unplug the monitor, are you unplugging the video cable to the PC or are you unplugging the power cable to the electrical outlet?

When you unplug the monitor, are you unplugging the video cable to the PC or are you unplugging the power cable to the electrical outlet?

good question ,now that i re-read the original post .lol

You might have the Power Save feature activated in control panel which turns off your monitor to safe energy. This can be turned off by doing the following:
Control Panel -> Power Options -> Set the "Turn Off Monitor" Drop down box, to Never.
Click Apply then OK to save the changes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.