hello and thanks for taking the time to read this.
i have a gateway mx7120 and it will not turn on. when i hit the power button the laptop tries to turn on (i hear the usual noises and beeps) and then after 5 seconds it shuts itself off and tries to power up again. it fails to power up again but i hear the usual noises. right now i have the laptop in pieces looking for some sort of reset button a friend told me about. i have not been able to locate anything that even looks like it might be a reset switch. please help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Estlanee

does any thing comes up on the screen when you boot the laptop. is the battery fully charged. are you using a wall outlet for power or the battery.

nothing comes up on the screen, i have tried the laptop battery and being plugged into the wall. i cannot find a hard reset button anywhere on the bottom of the laptop.

MX7120 - Booted to selection option screen - screen locked. Unable to move from screen; various options including safe mode do not work, reset, power off/on o remove baterry.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.