hello

When u have dual system ram for example 200mhz 256x2 they should run at 400mhz each or atleast 200+ , i mean this is nothing big but just a thought on a my mind ''like take my ram for instance corsair 512x2 of 667mhz , now it says dual system and the timings are exaclty the same i bought them from the agent and the product id is like xxxxxx10 and the other one is xxxxxxxx11 so there built in the same time one after the other , and the technsion there told me so 2 , but now the ram is runing at 667mhz each , hmmm shouldnt it be more , thx

guyz sorry for the miss spell for the ''dual'' cant seem to find the option to change it :P

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

667MHz is correct. Memory speed is not additive. Dual channel doubles the memory bus bandwith from 64 bits to 128 bits but speed stays the same. The FSB is 133 MHz with an effective memory bus speed of 667MHz since DDR2 RAM is quad pumped (read 4 times per cycle).

commented: very smart +1

667MHz is correct. Memory speed is not additive. Dual channel doubles the memory bus bandwith from 64 bits to 128 bits but speed stays the same. The FSB is 133 MHz with an effective memory bus speed of 667MHz since DDR2 RAM is quad pumped (read 4 times per cycle).

aha 'alright i understood , thanks

I erred in FSB speed -- should be 166MHz not 133MHz.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.