i got the laptop Medion MD 95334. Intel (R) Pentium (R) Mo processor 1.60 GHz 798 MHz, 480 MB of RAM.

Does anyone know how to upgrade this laptop's RAM?

I see a rectangular PC card slot PCMCIA on this laptop? Is that where I put the RAM?

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

NO ,definitely not ,that for adding a pcmci device ,like adding more usb plugs ,wireless device ,externial sound card ,ect ect ect !! the ram is usually on the under side ,small door ,you need to remove a screw to get the cover off .there will be more than one door ,just need to remove them untill you come to the one with a stick of ram or a empty ram slot

that is a good link im sure ,there model isn't even listed on that site ,but a simple google search will tell you it had ddr ram in it .and the posters said it had 512 shared ,and there question was how to upgrade the ram !!!

yeah my laptol model is listed and i tried to search all over and couldn't find the right one so far and even how to install one.

yeah my laptol model is listed and i tried to search all over and couldn't find the right one so far and even how to install one.

well then you must have posted the wrong model # because when i search the link for more manufactors ,it don't show the exact model # you have in you first post
what do you want to know there should be a small door on the back where the ram goes ,i have installed ram in over 50 laptops now and all went in a small door in the back of the laptop ,how to do take a screwdriver and remove the door ,ram goes in small slot ,if there is only one slot and it allready has ram in then you will need to buy a larger stick of rame like a 1 gig to replace 512 stick .the laptop takes ddr sodim ram ,it would take one like this .oh yeah your local computer show can install it for you when you buy it .
http://www.shopbot.ca/p-45621-1587748.html

also cpu-z will tell you what ram you have now and how many slots you have in the laptop . .
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

also i did the scan on my computer and it only tell me a suggested upgrad type ,pc2100 and my board supports pc2700 ,doesent tell me how much i have just what kind i can use to upgrade .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.