My computer configuration is:
Processor: Intel core2duo E6400
Ram: DDR2 Ram, Corsair 2G kit (2*1g) 5400C4, 675 MHz. XMS2 – 5400
Graphics Card: PCI-E x 16 NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, 512 MB

I use to using CRT monitor. This week I bought a Samsung 931BW 19”Wide screen LCD Monitor from eBay. I picked up the item, so the seller tested front of me the monitor. The display/color was perfect. But after I plugged to my computer, I used digital connection. The display/color quality is not that good. Still picture or movie is bit fuzzy. Not sharp enough. Then tried to adjust with monitor adjustment but I failed. Then I tried to adjust with graphics card settings then my display went off from monitor. Now only analog connection is working and I can see the display. Digital is not working anymore. But the main problem the quality of my display is remaining same. Now my question is, is this graphics card is not good enough for the monitor? I’m not a computer game lover. So if this graphics card is ok for this monitor then how can I fix this problem? If the graphics card is not good enough and if I have to change my graphics card then can I use any GDDR3/DDR3 Graphics card for my Asus P5B Deluxe Motherboard?
I don’t know much about the computer so might be my questions are very silly with some of you guys, but can anyone please help me to solve this problem. Thank you very much

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

right click on the desktop ,go to properties /settings /advanced /monitor/and check refresh rate ,what is it set at ,[if 60 set it to 70 or 72 ]also in the general are what is screen resolution set at ,[set it to something higher than 1024 x 768 see what happens

right click on the desktop ,go to properties /settings /advanced /monitor/and check refresh rate ,what is it set at ,[if 60 set it to 70 or 72 ]also in the general are what is screen resolution set at ,[set it to something higher than 1024 x 768 see what happens

Thanks man, I tried as you advised. The refresh rate was 60, I set that to 70 and 72 both and screen resolution is 1152 x 864. But still the digital connection is not working and display is same like before. Now what to do please advise, thanks

not sure where to go from here actually .sorry

no worries, may be someone else have better idea to help me. i'm waiting for help. hi folks some one help me with my problem, thanks

when you bought it did he hook it up with the digital or analog? it may be that the digital side of the monitor was going out and he was trying to get rid of it.

are all of the drivers installed for your video card?

Try borrowing another monitor with digital, hook it up to your video card and if it still doesn't display then you have a hardware problem with your video card. if it works fine with the new monitor then your monitor is bad.

either way it's not good.

sorry

hi 1 year old LG 19 inch LCD Monitor is displaying blue background in movies and pictures... i don't know what went wrong.. i even adjusted the display settings and colors.. but can't able ti fix the issue.. is this due LCD pixels problem???????

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.