I just purchased a new 750watt power supply to put in my machine. Take my computer apart put in the new power supply hook it up and thats when this problem occurs. After checking cords etc; I figure it's just the new power supply. So take my computer apart put in the old power supply which was working before, same problem happens with the new power supply.

About the only thing I have figured out is that when I do not plug in the 12v power connector in the motherboard the computer seems to keep power. The computer will not boot up without the 12v power connector, but the fans and led lights stay on. I have a spare motherboard that I am going to try. Any ideas would be appreciated. The store I purchased the motherboard from is about an hour away so if I can avoid the drive to replace the board would be nice.

Thanks for reading and any ideas.

I just purchased a new 750watt power supply to put in my machine. Take my computer apart put in the new power supply hook it up and thats when this problem occurs. After checking cords etc; I figure it's just the new power supply. So take my computer apart put in the old power supply which was working before, same problem happens with the new power supply.

About the only thing I have figured out is that when I do not plug in the 12v power connector in the motherboard the computer seems to keep power. The computer will not boot up without the 12v power connector, but the fans and led lights stay on. I have a spare motherboard that I am going to try. Any ideas would be appreciated. The store I purchased the motherboard from is about an hour away so if I can avoid the drive to replace the board would be nice.

Thanks for reading and any ideas.

was the motherboard in functioning good before the power supply upgrade. is there a reason for you replacing the power supply

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.