Hey my uncle called me looking to upgrade his IBM Thinkpad Type 26472TU with more than the current 128MB of RAM. The thing is old but he uses it so why not. He said all it says on the module made by "Nanya" or something is
PC133S-333-542
SO-DPMM-Revision12
128MB SDR-133mhz CL3

So will any PC133 RAM work? What is up with the price though, $62.00 for 512mb?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010260381+1309221146&name=PC+133

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The reason for the price being so high is that memory is quite obsolete, hard to get these days. I bet it ll have antique value soon given some more time. But yeah thats the most obvious reason for the price but to answer your other question I ll have to say that the memory looks like it could work, just one thing yours is a SO DPMM and the ones you are looking at are SO DIMM. And i am not very good at that kinda of details. SOme more experienced ones would be able to help you on this one. I ll look around and try to find the answer for ya as well.

Raj

Are you sure that the ram says SO-DPMM not SO DIMM. because for some reason i can not find anyting about SO DPMM but SO DIMM is everywhere.

If it is SO DIMM which i think it is then you should be ok to get it. If anyone else thinks i m missing something then please do input.

Raj

I'll call him in a little bit and ask just to double check, thanks for your help i'll reply back soon when I get a confirmation.

its SO DIMM

I have a thinkpad r30, originally came with 128mb of 144-pin 133mhz SODIMM ram

And yeah. Its expensive. 256 cost me like £30

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.