Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

The reason for the price being so high is that memory is quite obsolete, hard to get these days. I bet it ll have antique value soon given some more time. But yeah thats the most obvious reason for the price but to answer your other question I ll have to say that the memory looks like it could work, just one thing yours is a SO DPMM and the ones you are looking at are SO DIMM. And i am not very good at that kinda of details. SOme more experienced ones would be able to help you on this one. I ll look around and try to find the answer for ya as well.

Raj

Are you sure that the ram says SO-DPMM not SO DIMM. because for some reason i can not find anyting about SO DPMM but SO DIMM is everywhere.

If it is SO DIMM which i think it is then you should be ok to get it. If anyone else thinks i m missing something then please do input.

Raj

I'll call him in a little bit and ask just to double check, thanks for your help i'll reply back soon when I get a confirmation.

its SO DIMM

I have a thinkpad r30, originally came with 128mb of 144-pin 133mhz SODIMM ram

And yeah. Its expensive. 256 cost me like £30

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.