I don't really know thet much about techie computer stuff so haven't a clue what to do.

It first started when i tried to access my Learn direct course for the first time which required me to download a Authorware Web Player. It downloaded but wouldn't start up then my laptop kept shutting down. It done that a few times then seemed ok until a few days ago, i was getting a black screen when i turned on my computer because windows had suddenly shut down. I did a system restore which seemed to work for a few hours before it started shutting down again.
Then when i started up a black screen was coming up saying there was an error with windows registry or something, and needed to reinstall windows and do a factory reset which i did. It was working ok for a while then the same thing has started happening again!! could it be a virus from the Authorware Web Player? I haven't a clue what to do.

My Laptop has Windows Vista home premium installed.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by crezza

Have you run a scan with any anti virus/ spyware programs to see if its a possible infection. If there was a problem with windows registry then I am assuming there is some virus infection on your system. Give it a go and see if that ll help.

Raj

yes i've just done that but it finds nothing, its just shut down again now though so probably wont get back on it for a while as it keeps shutting down before i have chance to do anything. Thanks

Which scan did you use, as there are a lot of them out there and not every virus, adware, spyware can be detected by a single program ever. You might have to get a couple other scans done to definitely rule out any infection.

Raj

i used pc guard which found nothing, i tried to scan with kaspersky online scanner but it shut down as it was scanning. i've posted a hack this log on another forum but had no reply yet

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.