Specs
Asus P5N-T Deluxe
Intel Quad core q300
Corsair XMS2 Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF Matched Pairs
610 w silencer power supply
320gb hitachi sata hd
160 gb wd ide hd
dvd drive
geforce 8800 gt oc2 (I plan to upgrade to triple sli once i get this shit working)

The problem:
I attempted to install windows on the sata drive, so i formatted it, it copies the files restarts, goes to the windows xp loading screen turns off.

Thinking it may be a drive problem, I put in the IDE drive and attempted to do the same thing, exact same problem.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

make sure your graphical componants and rem is inserted correct
[its wise to remove all parts and insert then all again]

did that
no luck :(

You might need to use f6 drivers, especially if you're trying to install XP. You will need floppy drive too. CD that came with mobo should be bootable, and there should be utility for creating such floppy.

The problem:
I attempted to install windows on the sata drive, so i formatted it, it copies the files restarts, goes to the windows xp loading screen turns off.

...meaning that the operating system's install didnt complete Right?is this win xp youre trying to install?what is your memory size?
try another OS disk

...meaning that the operating system's install didnt complete Right?is this win xp youre trying to install?what is your memory size?
try another OS disk

Tried Installing on a different drive (IDE) with a different windows disk,
The installation did not complete.

HD memory 160gb
ram 4gb

Shutting down after first reboot sounds like a memory-related problem. If you look at the list of approved memory vendors/models, you'll see that your particular model isn't on the list. I suggest that you exchange that RAM for one that is on the list as the permanent solution. For the time being you can down-clock your memory in BIOS and/or increase timings and voltage to gain stability.

Shutting down after first reboot sounds like a memory-related problem. If you look at the list of approved memory vendors/models, you'll see that your particular model isn't on the list. I suggest that you exchange that RAM for one that is on the list as the permanent solution. For the time being you can down-clock your memory in BIOS and/or increase timings and voltage to gain stability.

...or try memory one/two at a time

tried purchasing the ocz ram on the qvl list and even 1 stick still results in the exact same problem.

That could be the case if you are trying to install custom slipstreamed version of XP.

What xp version and sp are you installing, have you tried a different OS disk

After a few similar issues with builds I have worked on, I would ask if the memory you have gone into BIOS and made certain of the memory settings in BIOS. On some boards it defaults to certain memory timings and speeds and doesn't want to let go of them. This has happened on a few intel boards chipsets for me when using 800 Mhz memory when it was set for 667 by default. Try going into BIOS and manually coonfiguring theses settings and see if it helps. If that doesn't work try the latest BIOS update for the board onto a bootable flash drive (USB drive) and then try again. When you flash BIOS the memory settings will likely be cleared as well so write them down for the future.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.