Instability 0 Newbie Poster

I need some help understanding why I get these stop errors, and what I can do to fix them. I'll start with the first stop error that I'd have at random after closing an MMORPG.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is indentified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC000001D, 0x00000007, 0xB38207D8, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support for further assistance.

The game is called Rappelz. I have emailed them, and they told me it might be a problem with my memory. I'm just looking for a second opinion on that.

I also got another stop error today after booting up my computer. I logged in, let everything load then this blue screen popped up.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xA8181210, 0xA8180F0C, OxF7B7C1F3)

*** Ntfs.sys - Address F7B7C1F3 base at F7B52000, DateStamp 48025be5

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support for further assistance.

This is the first time I have gotten this stop error ever.

System Information

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
System Manufacturer: IBM
System Model: 831441U
BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 for IBM NetVista.
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 1534MB RAM