Good day

Ok I will try to make this as short as possible

I've upgraded pretty much upgraed my whole computer ...started with :

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
2 GB RAM
and a gigabyte motherboard with an intergrated motherboard ..

when my friend was putting it together he said the 1 prong was bent on the cpu ...but said its not really a problem ...

Playing world of warcraft ... the computer shuts down.

since i paid for an upgrade and the preformance was a downgrade I decided to take back the motherboard for :
ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe AM2
ASUS En8600GT 512DDR2 PCI-E

after about a month, while playing World of Warcraft, the computer will shut itself off .. and will not restart right away.

I've added more fans thinking its overheating
I've upgraded the power supply from 425 to 500

and it still shuts off during World of Warcraft..

the Prongs were bent but my computer friend said its not a big deal . is it?
or do you think its Motherboard or video card?

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

my humble opinion ,yes it could matter ,a straightened bent pin may have actually broken off ,only way you will know is to use another cpu i think .

so far what I have found out is my cpu gets to a certain temp. it will shut down my computer ... this shut down is 20 less then it what it shopuld be (around 70)

also what i did was went to
start> Right clicked my computer > Properties > Advanced > Start Up and recovery settings ...then clicked off .. System failure .. >
Auto restart ..

what might happen ..will test this later i gotta go to work but for 2hrs I've had no problem ..if i do have a problem it should bring up a screen with an error number .. then I am to google it to find out what to do

yeah, disabling the auto restart should bring the BSOD error .and when you get it a good site for stop error help is this one .
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.