Another dean Presario 2200!!

When I turn the Laptop on, the power on/off light does no come on but the battery light flashes couple of times, then dead. When I remove the battery, then when I hit the power switch, nothing happens. Please direct, how to fix the Laptop?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Is the AC plugged in? Looks like faulty AC adapter.

I suggest that you borrow one that works to see if that's the problem.

When I turn the Laptop on, the power on/off light does no come on but the battery light flashes couple of times, then dead. When I remove the battery, then when I hit the power switch, nothing happens. Please direct, how to fix the Laptop?

Hi,
My laptop model is also Compaq Presario 2200. I have exact the same problem recently. I wonder if you already found problem and fixed it or you are still working on it?
If you already fixed it, please share your information ....:)

Hi,
My laptop model is also Compaq Presario 2200. I have exact the same problem recently. I wonder if you already found problem and fixed it or you are still working on it?
If you already fixed it, please share your information ....:)

Did you find out? I have the same problem.

Hi All
I am having this problem now can you please advise..

thanks
rabih.

Hi All
I am having this problem now can you please advise..

thanks
rabih.

Haing same problem also with friends 2200 laptop, i have swapped HDD's and tried to reload windows but dosent pickup the GDD. Even the BIOS dosent recognise there being a disc in there, got an IDE error message also......

Help!!

Haing same problem also with friends 2200 laptop, i have swapped HDD's and tried to reload windows but dosent pickup the GDD. Even the BIOS dosent recognise there being a disc in there, got an IDE error message also......

Help!!

Make sure that BIOS settings for the HD is set on "auto" and not "user".

Make sure that BIOS settings for the HD is set on "auto" and not "user".

Hi Chalky, thanks for that but cannot find that option in the BIOS. t might have something to do with the BIOS not even picking up the HDD.

When I go to the TOOLS, HDD SELF TEST Screen, 1st it says "Diagnostics not supported" then when I run the test, it comes back with "No IDE Device".

I've tried two HDD's, ive reseated them, unsure where to go from here? Paper-weight maybe?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Darcy

My friend had a Compaq laptop and I was surprised to learn that the BIOS is stored on HD itself. (he needed bootable floppy to change the BIOS settings).

Also make sure that the HD is set on "master" or "single drive" if possible. If it is set on "slave" or "master with slave present" BIOS wouldn't pick it up.

If you're doing this with the AC Adapter plugged in, the problem is either with the DC Jack or the adapter itself. The latter is more likely, so look into this first.

If the DC jack isn't making a correct connection to the motherboard, or is broken internally, then removing the battery would cause the laptop to have absolutely no response when hitting the power button -- no power source.

With the battery in, the battery is actually dead -- but has just enough energy to power on the board for the second you see the LEDs, then goes dead again. Of course, you can't charge it with the DC jack the way it is.

Ya i have the same problem .. when i press the Reset button at the back of the laptop .. several times it initiates and since then workd very fine till i close it or restart it

Then start the same issue again

The battery is dead .. and not sure about the AC charger

Best Regards,
Abdelrahman

Hi Dear Friends, Today i got the same problem,
"When I turn the Laptop on, the power on/off light does no come on but the battery light flashes couple of times, then dead. When I remove the battery, and plug the Adapter then the same happens"

Now im very worried about my Presario 2200 Laptop, plz help me to solve this... PLZzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Hello everyone,
I have a used compaq presario 2200 laptop that I recently placed a refurbished and tested motherboard. I hooked everything back up completely without placing all of the screws. I hit the power button, it turns on for about 3 to 5 seconds in which it runs the fan, tests the dvd drive and hard drive. No lcd light up. It then shuts down again. I've test the lcd cable for problem having it disconnected and tried, no problem. Hard drive tested, no problem. I've reset it, same problem. I'm beginning to run out of ideas. Please suggest a few if you can think of any. I'll double check my cpu again, but if it were bad or not seated right, the unit should just power on and stall out like desktops I have witnessed. Memory was tested and changed, same result. Thanks for any input. If I get it fixed, I will post what it was and how I did for all of you to gain.

www.tsmgroup2.biz
Mark

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.