Recently i am having a strange problem. computer starts but there is no display in the monitor. after few hours later when i power on the pc it starts with display. but when i restart there is no display again. first i have thought the problem might be in the monitor. then i have boutht a lcd monitor(benq). but few days later the problem reappears & still continuing. while starting the computer i do not hear any kind of beep code. i have also plugged vga cable to my built in graphics card, but the problem remains. my pc configuration is------

processor: intel pentium D 3.2GHz

hard disk: 320GB

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics card:nvidia pci express 256 MB

Recently i am having a strange problem. computer starts but there is no display in the monitor. after few hours later when i power on the pc it starts with display. but when i restart there is no display again. first i have thought the problem might be in the monitor. then i have boutht a lcd monitor(benq). but few days later the problem reappears & still continuing. while starting the computer i do not hear any kind of beep code. i have also plugged vga cable to my built in graphics card, but the problem remains. my pc configuration is------

processor: intel pentium D 3.2GHz

hard disk: 320GB

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics card:nvidia pci express 256 MB

Hi dear friend
This problem may arise becouse of ram is not good or bios has currupted
first you check your ram with another spare ram if it does not worked
then update your Bios
Procidure of Updating bios
BIOS recovery instruction:
you have gather information about your mother boards sr.No. and get compitible .bio file for your mother board some liks ve give for your ref.
http://developer.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/

How to recover the BIOS with Floppy Disk:

- Copy the recovery file eg.CR0059.BIO to a CD from the Intel site:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&Inst=Yes&ProductID=2766&DwnldID=15487&strOSs=38&OSFullName=OS%20Independent&lang=eng

- Please remover the Flash Recovery jumper from 1-2 position from the motherboard.
- Insert the diskette into drive A:
- Turn on the system.
- Because of the small amount of code available in the non-erasable boot block area, no video is available to direct the procedure. The procedure can be monitored by listening to the speaker and looking at the CD drive LED. When the system beeps and the floppy drive LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the FLASH device. As soon as the drive LED goes off, the recovery is complete.
- Turn the system off.
- Change the Flash Recovery jumper back to the default position.
- Remove the diskette in drive A: and turn the system on.
- Go inside the BIOS by pressing F2 key.
- Inside the BIOS, press F9 to load setup defaults, then press F10 to save and exit.
- Reboot system.

How to recover the BIOS with CD-ROM:

Use this method if the recovery file (CR0059.BIO) is too large to fit on a floppy disk or if the desktop board does not include floppy drive support.

- Copy the recovery file (CR0059.BIO) to a CD from the Intel site:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&Inst=Yes&ProductID=2766&DwnldID=15487&strOSs=38&OSFullName=OS%20Independent&lang=eng

- Please remover the Flash Recovery jumper from 1-2 position from the motherboard.
- Insert the CD into CD-ROM:
- Turn on the system.
- Because of the small amount of code available in the non-erasable boot block area, no video is available to direct the procedure. The procedure can be monitored by listening to the speaker and looking at the CD-ROM LED. When the system beeps and the CD-ROM LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the FLASH device. As soon as the drive LED goes off, the recovery is complete.
- Turn the system off.
- Change the Flash Recovery jumper back to the default position.
- Remove the CD from CD-ROM:
- Turn the system on.
- Go inside the BIOS by pressing F2 key.
- Inside the BIOS, press F9 to load setup defaults, then press F10 to save and exit.
- Reboot system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.