I have a Gateway Laptop Model# M350CRV. Running Windows XP.. 1 gig memory 30 Gig Hd. The computer has been running hot...but I started using a cooling pad that has 2 fans... usb connection. This laptop was super fast without ever missing a beat... 2 days ago...I was using it and it froze up.... Tried to turn it off, but nothing so I unplugged...! Now it will not come back on... NO lights with battery in, nor when it is plugged in. The battery lhas always lasted 1.5 hours...

I took the case off, everything looks Normal was some dust I used compressed air for that stuff. Does not smell...Nothing..

Any ideas.....

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by coolraj003

Pull the battery and ac power for @ 10-15 minutes. Then try to power it up on ac, don't reinstall the battery until you have brought it up and shut it down properly.

I got it... I read another threat on the same thing, they said to look for the reset button on the bottom of the laptop... pulled battery off, hit the button with a paper clip..walla...light action.... shut down laptop, replaced battery..started right up....

It did sound as a result of overheating though. Doesn't give any other obvious reasons for it. Maybe change the fans to an AC unit...lol.

Raj

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.