hi all im here tryna sort out this issue with my pc, it powers up and jus freeze no beeps no nothing not even a signal going through to monitor. a few weeks a go i unpluged the pc to move it when i plugged it back up n power on i heard a lingering beep n the pc frooze on start up, after tht it jus stays in the power up state no beep no signals, now i notice the fans stops sometimes n the power lights are still on, can any bdy help with this?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jokerkilling

yes i checked ram few times, now the fans dont run but i hear the hard disc powering up and lights are on, but no display still

the bios was not changed since i got it but i checked the power chords they were ok, the fans start first then stop like if there is a short or something

What make is your pc !!!
long beep on computer will depend on bios
ie-Phoenix BIOS
AWARD BIOS.
Continuous Beep depending on bios shows as No Power, Loose Card, or Short.
or RAM i would have a good look inside check all conections and leads.
I had a problem with one of the power leads inside touching the case!
Check keyboard ...no keys stuck down

Make sure all fans are running in the computer. If a fan has failed (especially the heat sink fan for the CPU) your computer could be overheating and/or detecting the fan failure causing the computer not to boot.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.