Beeps continuously when turned on. Doesn't boot up. Monitor stays blank. Sometimes computer boots up find like now. Sometimes pushing the holding reset button stops the beeping and starts the boot up.
Shade Tree

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It'd be nice to know what operating system you have and what kind of computer (or is it your mother-in-law you are talking about :) )

It'd be nice to know what operating system you have and what kind of computer (or is it your mother-in-law you are talking about :) )

My computer is a custom made Intel Pentium 4 with 2.8 giga hertz.
For two weeks I have been ignoring this update. Was told a week ago I must take update. Two days ago the beeping started. I down loaded the update, then another update popped up. Micro Soft Service Pack 3, so I down loaded that. I haven't heard any beeps since. I'm hoping it will stay that way. Has Ancient Dragon been ignoring updates?

>>Ancient Dragon been ignoring updates?
Never. I download and install all critical updates as they become available. I have my os set to auto update from M$.

It sounds more like video or memory issue to me vers MS update. You might want to reseat your vidio card and memory sticks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.