I just build my system,
and I dunno whether or not if it's my case or mobo or my own ignorance -- but I can't seem to get my power or hdd led's to work. -- Everything else works perfectly
I have a lian-li pc-6070A case and I believe that I followed the specs of where to plug in the leds correctly -- does anyone know of any issues that these two components might have?

-Soral 3.0

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

If you invest about 10 bucks into getting a DMM (digital multimeter) at Wal-Mart or your local hardware store, you can detect whether or not the case LED's have 'continuity' between the two wires...which is required for a current to flow through them.

Get the DMM and attach some wire to each tip. Put the wire into one side of the LED connector and put the DMM on continuity setting (might say +/- instead of continuity). If you hear an audible beep, it means continuity is present. This is what you want to find out about...because if there is a break in the wire, the LED will not light up and the DMM will say that there is no continuity. If continuity is fine, you'll have to troubleshoot elsewhere.

A good place to start if continuity is fine is where you are plugging into your motherboard. Motherboards can be finicky when you are putting those connectors onto the 2 prongs they're supposed to go on. Ensure you are doing it EXACTLY like your motherboard manual states you should. If it doesn't work, keep manuevering the connector. Remember that you don't have to have your hard disk hooked up to do this so you don't have to wait for an OS to boot each time...Good Luck!

Well, after validating the continuity with my awesome analog multimeter -- I decided that the problem wasn't with the led's.
I then set out to plug in the leads in every concievable manner -- and I got it to work.
I followed the manual correctly...almost
I failed to realize that Light Emitting DIODES care about their polarity ( I had them turn the other way... :o )

thanks for the affirmations
-Soral 3.0

Well, after validating the continuity with my awesome analog multimeter -- I decided that the problem wasn't with the led's.
I then set out to plug in the leads in every concievable manner -- and I got it to work.
I followed the manual correctly...almost
I failed to realize that Light Emitting DIODES care about their polarity ( I had them turn the other way... :o )

thanks for the affirmations
-Soral 3.0

Glad you got the LEDs working. I'll remember that when I am setting up my board.

I had the same problem, the solution was that from opening and closing the lid on my case the wires had torn and lost contact, so I had to rewire everything

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.